Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I was caught stealing money ($150) from the Haiti Earthquake relief fund at Wal-Mart, was assulted, lawsuit?

I was in the store, and at each register they were asking people to donate money, there was a register with a jar of money it in, i thought nobody was looking, i walked past it, put my hand in it, and took all the paper money in it.

One of the customers grabbed me and had me in a retraint on the floor. Other customers came alone and held me in a restrint until the police got there. I was laying on the floor, and 100s of people saw me, and i couldnt get up. This was a total nightmare, I was so humilated.

I was arrested, and released with paperwork. I have to appear in court on feb 9th. I hope i just a warning.

They let the guys who pinned me, go free? Can I press charges against them, to throw them in jail?

They took the money off me, and put it back in the fund. It was about $150. They got the money back, so i dont understand why i was arrested??

Can I file a lawsuit against wal mart for allowing this?

They did not intervine, they allowed the customers to pin me to the floor.

If I knew i was going to get caught, i wouldnt have done it.

Do you think i was just get probation?

Favorite Answer

My bill is in the mail for legal services.

You do have grounds for a lawsuit. You can sue your parents for you not having a brain and also child abuse for not helping you learn common sense and decent morals, and then I am going to sue you for asking such an inane question and wasting my time and then give the money to someone who can teach you proper grammar.

That's attempted stealing. Would you be okay if some one tried to take away $150 from you simply because he thought he wouldn't get caught? Also this is from a charity jar, which means people put that out for speficif people, not you. Also, you were not assaulted, that's called making a citizen's arrest in america. I don't know the exact laws of Haiti but I cannot see where you were right to do anything you did.

Interesting new myth story to add to the list.

Source(s): This is so going to end up on snopes.com lol
  • ?

YOU SOUND LIKE A COMPLETE IDIOT AND YOU PROBABLY LOOK LIKE ONE TOO...IF YOU STOLE 150 DOLLARS FROM A JAR FOR DONATIONS , YOUR *** DESERVED TO GET PINNED ARRESTED AND RELEASED ON PAPER WORK AND YOU ALSO DESERVE A YEAR AND A DAY SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PUT YOUR HAND ON SOMEONE ELSE'S ****.. WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU DO IF YOU DIDN'T THINK ANYBODY ELSE WAS LOOKING? YOU NEED MEDICATION AND YOU ALSO NEED TO BE MONITORED I CAN DIAGNOSE YOU IMMEDIATELY AND I KNOW THAT YOU ARE SOMEWHAT UNSTABLE. THE JUDGE WILL MOCK YOU IN THE COURTROOM AN THE PEOPLE AWAITING TO SEE THE JUDGE WILL MOCK YOU. YOUR *** IS A FOOL TO THINK YOU CAN PRESS CHARGES ON THE WITNESSES AGAINST YOU...YOU WERE IN COMMISSION OF A CRIME AND YOU WERE STOPPED BY A CITIZEN THAT KNEW WHAT YOU WHERE DOING WAS WRONG WHILE YOU DID NOT. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHOSE JAR IT WAS OR YOUR OPINION ABOUT IT..YOUR ALSO BEST OFF TO PLEA GUILTY. YOU SHOULD TAKE THE JAIL TIME...YOU BELONG IN PRISON WITH THE REST OF THE PEOPLE LIKE YOU. JUST BE LUCKY YOU DID NOT FIGHT BACK AND WERE NOT SHOT BY A LAW ABIDING CITIZEN WITH A LICENSE TO CONCEAL A FIREARM..

Hard to say. I don't know where you live. In some parts of the country a couple of guys will be on their way over there with a shotgun shell and a shovel. This would save the tax payers a considerable amount.

If they don't beat you down you will probably get probation. If justice is served you will be taken to Haiti and allowed to explain yourself to the fine people there and get a couple of months of community service repairing the damage.

No you cant sue Wallmart. Yes they probably can sue you. .

So, let me get this straight....

You admit to being a thief and you want to blame some good Samaritans for stopping you.

You further want to file a lawsuit against Wal-Mart.

You are home in your warm house tonight, while the money that you stole was dedicated to go to those whose lives have been decimated by a natural disaster.

You are one dispicable person.

Source(s): Unfortunately, you probably will get off with just probation.

I'm no lawyer, but its a citizen's arrest, which in Nevada you have to be committing a felony ($250+). I remember working security when it was $500+ to make an arrest and the guy only stole $450 worth of stuff so we let him go. Pretty funny stuff.

As far as your situation. LMAO. Why were you stealing from Haitians?

They were involved in a CITIZENS ARREST. You were caught STEALING. Is that not understandable to you? You hope a warning...I hope you have to work at a children's hospital cleaning bed pans for 200 hours community service if not 60 days in jail, working on the road.

I bet you're like the guy who burgled a guy's house, stepped on a child's toy and broke his ankle, then sued the house owner.

Oh, I'd like to say some things but you'd just report me because I can't say them in a nice way.

However, I think you made all this up.

• It really speaks to had miserable your life must be that you thought this was even remotely funny.

If it did happen, you would not be receiving probation and a lawsuit would be laughed out of court.

Since it didn't, I suggest you perhaps think about the victims in Haiti and remove this question.

Someone else named Greg asked a very similar question to this on here earlier today. Almost identical, in fact. Maybe you should look at Greg's question and see if there are any useful answers.

• alec39

I think your trolling but if you really did steal the money shame on you considering what's happening in Haiti.