Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I was caught stealing money ($75) from the Haiti Earthquake relief fund at Wal-Mart, was assulted, lawsuit?

I was in the store, and at each register they were asking people to donate money, there was a register with a jar of money it in, i thought nobody was looking, i walked past it, put my hand in it, and took all the paper money in it.

One of the customers grabbed me and had me in a retraint on the floor. Other customers came alone and held me in a restrint until the police got there.

I was arrested, and released with paperwork. I have to appear in court on feb 9th. I hope i just a warning.

They took the money off me, and put it back in the fund.

Can I file a lawsuit against wal mart for allowing this?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My bill is in the mail for legal services.

You do have grounds for a lawsuit. You can sue your parents for you not having a brain and also child abuse for not helping you learn common sense and decent morals, and then I am going to sue you for asking such an inane question and wasting my time and then give the money to someone who can hep you deal with the serious mental condition known as confabulation.

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

what a low existence rather of you submitting a lawsuit against wal-mart they might desire to record one on you for stealing and if i became the shoppers you cant do no longer something approximately it is viewed as a civil arrest you weren't assaulted or something like that then no and if a wal-mart worker became contain perchance the two way you stole criminal gentle so i dont think of so your gonna get a fat value tag and a choose which would be mad as FU*comfortable with you and wont be linear in direction of you and your value tag c'mon guy for the Haiti earthquake dude it rather is the Fu**en lowest SH*T I relatively have heard you will possibly desire to be embarrassed to place up this up guy.... little suggestion strengthen a collection AND GET a job

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, you can, but no sane judge will honor it.

They should have put you in the stocks with a sign saying what it was you did. And a big basked of past-their-date tomatoes and eggs "Courtesy of Wal-Mart".

• 1 decade ago

Yes you can file a lawsuit against Wal-Mart.

And Wal-Mart will counter sue and win.

Source(s): 44+ years following a Jewish Carpenter & studying His Book!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Lord - it's too bad you couldn't be sent to Saudi where they'd cut your hand off and beat your for a while... Lawsuit?

• 1 decade ago

The fact that you posted this in religion and spirituality rather than the legal advice section suggests that you are a troll.

• 1 decade ago

Sure! Tell you what, I'll represent you. Step into my office...oh don't mind that thing, I always keep a baseball bat handy...

• 1 decade ago

I will help you fight the case if you give me half the money, spiritually speaking though

• 1 decade ago

oh, yeah, you should do that. Maybe you'll make the judge disgusted

enough to double whatever punishment is usual and customary.

• 1 decade ago

Was a wheelchair involved?

Troll...

Source(s): IMHO
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.