In the state of Arkansas, If your a teen,?

and youve had a baby. Are you legally emancipated? if i move out will i need emancipation papers?

My obgyn told me that in the state of arkansas im legally emancipated bc ive had a child. But i dont have papers proclaiming that.

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Um short answer, no.

    To be emancipated in Arkansas, first you need to be the subject of a DFS case or custody proceeding. Then emancipation can be filed in court if neglect, abuse, etc is suspected. The petitioner must also be over 16

    Having a child does not affect the process other than if the father of the child is also the custodian of the minor requesting emancipation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.