Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What is the final tally or religious body count?

What is the final tally or religious body count? I'm curious to know whether more people find strength through religious beliefs and a positive way out of their suffering, or more find shame and guilt at the inability to live up to the standards imposed on them. Many people have been able to use religion as a guide to break horrible physical addictions, yet others have used the same religions to turn mental anguish into physical harm. So what's the body count? I'm not really interested in opinions here, but where to find the statistics.

Favorite Answer

'Body count' sounds like we are back in Vietnam. Remember we lost that 'police action'.

• Hello!

Youre an idiot that's like asking to tally everyone in the world who has ever died from influenza. And religions don't kill people, people do. I can preach whatever I want, but no matter what I preach, even if its hatred beyond all reason, nobody will die from that, they would only die from some idiot who defies his own instincts and morality and uses the religion as an excuse to kill.

I don't personally know of any such religious census, perhaps you could start by contacting the census bureau in washington, d.c., you should be able to find that on the web or in your phone book.

Don't know, doesn't matter.

It's completely irrelevant to the matter of whether there's any factual basis for various religions' claims about the supernatural.

• go ask google