Earthquake predictions?

A friend of mine suggested this site for me

There is this hype going around that the will be an earthquake tmrw according to this site.

it says on is suppose to be in the L.A tmrw.

and in the San Francisco area on the 18th

check it out. http://quakeprediction.com/

I know no none can predict earthquakes

What do you think about this?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ProTon
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Haiti earthquake --- an earthquake hazard assessment completed in 2006 noted that the Enriquillo-Plantain Garden fault system could be at the end of its seismic cycle and forecasted a worst case of a magnitude 7.2 earthquake, similar in size to the 1692 Jamaica earthquake.Paul Mann, presented a hazard assessment of the Enriquillo-Plantain Garden fault system to the 18th Caribbean Geologic Conference in March 2008, noting the large strain (overall equivalent to a 7.2 Mw earthquake); the team recommended "high priority" historical geologic rupture studies, as the fault was fully locked and had recorded few earthquakes in the preceding 40 years.

http://www.wtvynews4.com/home/headlines/81313947.h...

but it is not possible to predict the day/week/month/year of future earthquake impact.all such unscientific predictions are false .

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Agena
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Pure nonsense. If you predict them often enough you get lucky.

Edit--18 Jan. Funny, didn't see a thing about California having an earthquake today. Maybe it's the date line, but I doubt it. Get the message?

• 1 decade ago

If enough people make enough predictions, something at some point is likely to happen that appears to match one of the predictions. Does that prove any person has foresight? Or does it prove they have too much time on their hands?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.