Kaylie J asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Questions about clip-in extentions. help please?

I wanna get clip-in hair extentions to make my hair longer. I have considered a weave but people have been saying that the extensions are better for you hair. Well i checked into some prices and they could range from $7-$200. Obviously the cheaper ones are from hot topic which are tiny fake pieces of hair but the expensiver ones are chucks of real hair. Im for sure im getting the expensive type but my question is..the one im getting is just my hair color, i want to but highlights into my hair but how will that work? If i take it to a salon, will they highlight the real hair for me? Or will i have to buy those $7 fake hair extensions that are colored from hot topic?? The issues with that is, its fake and they others real plus theyre be tons of clips (clip-ins) in my hair. How would that work out?? Especially if youre wanting to blend it in so it doesnt look so fake?? My other question would be how long do you think the clip-ons would last? Lets say im wearing them every single day for about 7 or 8 hours, would it still be in perfect condition?

thanks so much,

Favorite Answer

go to sallys they sell good ones. you can dye them , do not buy the fake ones they really suck. I always used my hair extensions for 10 to 12 hours a day if i take care of them they last me around 1 to 2 years. but invest in sallys they are not that expensive and they are really good.

If you buy the fake extensions then they will not be able to color them real one will be able to be colored. However, clip ins will not stay in over night very well. you can take them out and put them back in they are really easy to put in just have your stylist show you how. I am a stylist and a salon owner and I recommend having them sewn in or braided in. Hope I have helped good luck to ya

hot topic only has tiny pieces their not for making your hair longer

go to sally's beauty store and buy REAL hair extensions for around 50-80 dollars and u get a lot