why are British muslim terrorists not being tried for Treason?

Meaning of treason, why are Britsh muslim terrorists not neing tried for treason, does the death penalty still stand, Asfar as i am concerned any muslim who comits an act of violance on British soil against British people should be Treason.

what do you think

Under the law of the United Kingdom, high treason is the crime of disloyalty to the sovereign amounting to an intention to undermine their authority, or the attempt to do so. Offences constituting high treason include plotting the murder of the sovereign; having sexual intercourse with the sovereign's consort, with his eldest unmarried daughter, or with the wife of the heir to the throne; levying war against the sovereign and adhering to the sovereign's enemies, giving them aid or comfort; and attempting to undermine the lawfully established line of succession. Several other crimes have historically been categorised as high treason, including counterfeiting money and being a Catholic priest.

Ellie would you forgive a terrorist who muurdered one of your family like the pregnant woman pregnant with twins and close to birth, all three died.

i would never ever forgive anyone who did that to some one clse to me, hell i would throw the switch myself

eelfins i hope you are joking

argeeable

which other group of people will travel the modern worl just to learn how to kill just one group of people the infidel and the targets have been white based western countrys

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Firstly and despite the myth, there is no sentence of Death in the UK outside martial law and I think we are a long way from that.

Secondly the word Terrorist is perfectly accurate, the point of a Terrorist is to terrorise, and I think there is little doubt that this is exactly what these people do.

Is it treason? If they are a British citizen, be it by birth or naturalisation, then to attack the state must in my view be considered treason.

If you were a scouser who played football for Arsenal, and deliberately scored an own goal when taking on your home town team, therefor damaging the team that pays you, you would be punished.

This very simple analogy makes the case.

If you live in and off Britain, and have been selected as part of Team GB, and you then start blowing us up in the name of another team, or threatening to do the same, or openly support the opposition, then you would be kicked out of Team GB.

We have seen how ineffective our Government is at dealing with such matters very recently. The outlawing of Islam4UK has been deemed positive action by the Government themselves, and yet this is about the 4th incarnation of Choudorey and his cronies, they have called for Jihad, have praised the 7/7 and 9/11 bombings and openly encourage harm on our troops, yet they all live on benefits and are almost certain not to face any prosecutions for what they say and do.

So should we punish treason? absolutely. Will be see our Government actually do it? almost certainly not. They lack the courage to take on any real issue and this, like so many important matters to you and I, is a long way off the Governments radar for things to do.

I don't agree with the term 'terrorist'. It acknowledges that people have power because they are able to inflict terror on others. To admit that these people have power, is to give them status. Why don't we just call them what they are, criminals? I also do not like the term 'Muslim' terrorists, because it infers that all Muslims share the same beliefs, but this is not correct. Perhaps we should make more use of the Act of Treason, but it will not bring back the death penalty. Even a sentence of 'life imprisonment' does not necessarily mean prison for life, which is nonsensical. The law on sentencing needs to be revised.

Brown and his gang can't afford to upset their Labour voters. Poor old Straw would be in desperate straits if the Muslims in his constituency didn't vote for him just like many other Labour M.P.'s.

It's my guess, guess I say, that now that the govt has let in so many muslims indiscriminately, their sheer numbers constitute a real threat...in other words, the govt is downright afraid of them.

With good reason. They have frequently shown their blood lust and warped thinking for all the World to see.

.

I think even more so than your question, treason should be the crime for Muslims that go to Afghanistan or Pakistan to fight against our soldiers. That is just despicable beyond belief. Those Muslims that do that should be executed. (If I had my way, they would be tortured to death)

If they got shot & killed by a fellow Brit (soldier) whilst over there, that would be their own fault. Psychos.

Source(s): . As always, Crow (below) gives a good answer.

We have a weak pathetic government that's afraid of its own Shadow. I'll be glad to see them hurled on to the political scrap heap where they belong. I only wish we could throw all the apologists and hand wringing liberals on the scrap heap with them. Between them they have all but wrecked this country. Our parliament is the real terrorist threat in this country.

It makes no difference to their sentence. The penalty for murder is life imprisonment. Penalty for treason is life imprisonment.

• MU.SK

"Other people's fart always smells worse than ours"

Maybe you should consider reviewing the foreign policy of the UK and realise that UK actions abroad have been undermining UK security through blow back for decades.

If China, Russia and their allies were to invade England for whatever pretexts, what would you do? Would you accept their justification? What if it was a resolution handed down from the UN, now dominated by eastern powers? What if they used drones and killed their perceived enemies in continental Europe including UK cities and villages, and innocent women and children were killed without even a recognition by China and her allies, would you sit there with your lips shut?

Britain's foreign policy has been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people abroad, not to mention the support for brutal dictators, exposure to which can land you in prison if you are a Muslim under the "Prevent" programme, simply because Muslims are very easy targets in the eyes of the English.

Maybe you should consider arresting your own leaders for committing high treason, for undermining UK security.

• barry

because there muslims and people dont like to do anything to em out of fear. they even let em have sharia law and goven themselves, muslims in the UK don't live in the united kingdom they live in there own muslim kingdom.

I think you can be arrested in the U.K. for racism if you try to prevent a Muslim from killing someone, which includes self-defense I believe. They're just expressing their cultural values; can't you be more tolerant?