When buying a New Car, is it cheaper to get your insurance through independent?

agents, and not through their recommendations? If I have to get full coverage, should I try to find the best deal on my own?

Favorite Answer

Yes, best to get independent carrier, and never even consider the GM insurance or financing, as I have had nothing but trouble with both of their systems.

GM's book keeping sucks, and they even tried to re-posses a car I had paid off a year prior, four months in advance with never a late payment, and mid term in a insurance policy they raised my premium over 25%.

I had paid for the whole year in advance and about six months it the term they sent me a bill for the additional money then cancelled my policy because i would not stand for the charge. I lost six months of paid for coverage.

I have always used an insurance broker who has always done a good job for me. They usually have access to dozens of car insurance companies. Below is an article that may be helpful.

Insurance for your new car is a very important financial decision, and shouldn't be organised in a rush. All financial decisions should be made only after appropriate research and consultation. Start investigating your new auto insurance options long before you finalise the purchase of your new car.

New car insurance, like any other major financial commitment, should be purchased with caution, after careful research and consideration. Identify the new auto insurance best suited to your needs, choose the insurer offering you the best deal, and then allow for the cost of your new vehicle insurance in the budget for your new vehicle purchase.

Factors Affecting Your New Car Insurance

When pricing their new car insurance, insurers will consider a wide range of variables. The market is competitive, so they want to hold premiums as low as possible, but at the same time, they are in business to make a profit, so they need to charge you enough to cover their overall risk.

For these reasons, insurers will look at the statistics, and try to identify any factor which influences the likelihood of you making a claim, or the size of the claim.

This is why the cost of the vehicle is a major consideration, along with obvious variables like your driving record, and the ages of the regular drivers of the vehicle. If you vehicle has safety features, which make a personal injury claim less likely, or reduce the likely size of a claim, it will reduce your new car insurance premium accordingly. And if your new vehicle is a make or model which is particularly likely to be stolen or damaged, you will, unfortunately, be paying a whole lot more for your new auto insurance.

Some insurers consider credit score, hopefully on the basis of statistics, although it is not immediately obvious that there is a direct connection.

There are also factors which you can control to some extent. Many insurers will allow you to choose the amount of your deductible, or excess - this is the contribution payment you make when you make a claim. Some insurers charge you the deductible for every claim, while others will only charge you if you are at fault. The higher the deductible, the less the claim costs the insurer, so choosing a higher deductible can reduce your new car insurance premium.

How To Get New Car Insurance

The easiest way to get new auto insurance is to phone your insurer and ask for a "cover note". This temporary new car insurance will cover your vehicle for a few days, while you complete the necessary paperwork for your full new vehicle insurance.

New car insurance in important, and often overlooked or rushed. Take the time to shop around, and really understand your options. Read the find print, ask questions, and make sure your new auto insurance really provides the cover that you need.

There is nothing worse than getting to the point of making a claim, only to discover that your new vehicle insurance doesn't cover whatever just happened to your car. The $2.50 per month that you saved on the premium suddenly doesn't seem like such a good deal, then.

Make sure you compare the offerings of various insurers, and make an informed decision.

Source(s): Here is a website you might find interesting, good luck, remember to use a broker. http://www.insuranceprotectioncoverage.com/motorcy...

Help yourself you can check your quotes in internet for example here http://help.insurancetocompare.info/

RE When buying a New Car, is it cheaper to get your insurance through independent?

• STEWIE

Buying insurance is like buying a car. You need to compare prices and companies.

Every major insurance company offers free online quotes.

Geico.com

Esurance.com

Progressive.com

21st.com

I would recommend you to try this internet site where onel can get quotes from the best companies: http://insure-cheap.info/index.html?src=2YADOu70gL...

RE :When buying a New Car, is it cheaper to get your insurance through independent?

Follow 11 answers

yes try to find the best deal on your own

every company is different and different prices

look at the big pitcher there is a lot of different coverages so don't be afraid to ask the insurance company if you don't understand what the coverage is for that is their job to answer your questions

good luck be safe

Compare insuran ce quotes

• ?

depends

At INSURECHEAP.US you can find the best quotes available for you