8-Week old german shepherd left tied to a tree in Stoke-On-Trent, doesn't that sort of thing make you so mad?

I felt as guilty as hell when a bird I was holding at college didn't fly properly for a minute and just fluttered to the floor! (He was okay, by the way!) so my question is how can people just tie a dog up in this freezing weather then go home again knowing that they have left a young animal to fend for itself... show more I felt as guilty as hell when a bird I was holding at college didn't fly properly for a minute and just fluttered to the floor! (He was okay, by the way!) so my question is how can people just tie a dog up in this freezing weather then go home again knowing that they have left a young animal to fend for itself in a forest??
Update: It is in the RSPCA's care now, by the way. :o)
Update 2: myxavier222... First, I don't live in America so they would think me calling the ASPCA weird, and second the RSPCA have already rescued this dog. If I found it I would take it to my nearest shelter in a heartbeat!!
Update 3: /\ And I didn't mean for that to sound as b!tchy as it did! Sorry myxavier222!!