just a short list of things I'd expect at a sporting goods store:
- knives, machetes, axes and saws
- camping necessities like tents/tarps, sleeping bags, blankets, stoves, fuel, cookware, backpacks, hammocks, etc
- firestarting equipment like firesteels, butane lighters, matches(at least a couple forms), firesticks, maybe some exotic forms like fire pistons.
- water containers
- backpacking friendly clothing(light and tough)
- if your including hunting, guns, bows, crossbows, arrows, bolts, ammo, camo paint, etc
ColdSteel, Mora of Sweden(low price but great knives), Buck, Gerber, and maybe Fallkniven if you want to get interesting with knives.
Maxpedition, Equinox, Expedition, Kelty, and maybe a few army surplus backpacks.
Coleman is the only brand of stoves I can think of.
many things you can use for outdoors stuff can be found at army surplus, sometimes in bulk, I'd be happy to see a sporting goods store that gave army surplus options too.
just to ask, where are you starting your business? in Canada, just wondering.
· 10 years ago