Why is Coakley doing a Big Donor fundraiser with Pharma lobbyists in DC? Dems about to LOSE the MA election?
(CNN) – Democratic candidate Martha Coakley is raising money at a high dollar event in Washington Tuesday, one week before Massachusetts voters choose a successor to the late Sen. Edward Kennedy.
Coakley is holding a fundraiser at a Capitol Hill restaurant with top donors asked to raise $10,000. The lowest donation requested is $1,000, according to an invitation for the event obtained by CNN.
Attendees? Lobbyists for BIG PHARMA and Insurance Companies!!!
• Thomas Boggs, Patton Boggs: Bristol-Myers Squibb
• Chuck Brain, Capitol Hill Strategies: Amgen, BIO, Merck, PhRMA
• Susan Brophy, Glover Park Group: Blue Cross, Pfizer
• Steven Champlin, Duberstein Group: AHIP, Novartis, Sanofi-Aventis
• Licy Do Canto, Raben Group: Amgen
• Gerald Cassidy, Cassidy & Associates: U. Mass Memorial Health Care
• David Castagnetti, Mehlman, Vogel, Castagnetti: Abbot Labs, AHIP, Astra-Zenaca, General Electric, Humana, Merck, PhRMA.
• Steven Elmendorf, Elmendorf Strategies: Medicines Company, PhRMA, United Health
• Shannon Finley, Capitol Counsel: Amgen, Astra-Zeneca, Blue Cross, GE, PhRMA, Sanofi-Aventis.
• Heather Podesta, Heather Podesta & Partners: Cigna, Eli Lilly, HealthSouth
• Tony Podesta, Podesta Group: Amgen, GE, Merck, Novartis.
• Robert Raben, Raben Group: Amgen, GE
- joeycLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
How sweet that the Dem's are in such a panic. How great is it that the Dem's are sweating this one out? Oh...to just imagine that this was supposed to be a land slide win for the Dem's.
If they are panicking over this, then the 2010 elections will be mass hysteria.
- stutsmanLv 43 years ago
image taken in the process WW II exhibits all around st Paul's burning and then the superb dome displaying above the rubble. The British people labored perplexing to maintain ST Paul's and Prince Charles and Princess Diana have been given married there in 1981.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Let's be honest here, Coakley will win big on Tuesday.
She is going after Ted Kennedy's Seat.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Scott Brown MUST win!!!!
BTW, I wonder if Obama will be at the fundraser serving coffee?
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Paul Grass™Lv 71 decade ago
She's negotiating her senate seat earlySource(s): Happy New Year May God Bless you and May God save us all from the Axis of evil, (Pelosi , Reid and 0bama)
- 1 decade ago
She's the best Dem,money can buy.
- PIXIELv 61 decade ago
they like to buy their seats.just look at blago selling obamas.