Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you agree with the following quote from Palin's book?

"Our land is everything to us...I will tell you one of the things we remember on our land. We remember our grandfathers paid for it -- with their lives." -- attributed to John Wooden

Now....

Do you still agree with it when you know that the quote was ACTUALLY from John Wooden Legs.... a Native American (rather than a basketball coach) ... and he was talking about the Battle of Little Bighorn..... "our land" refers to tribal land and flies in the face of the very existence of the United States of America.

How does THAT BIG of an error make it into a New Yourk Times best seller?? I guess you have to consider that the people that would buy Palin's book.... not so concerned with truth, facts, or science.... so I suppose it's no big deal to them

Actually JRF-- in this situation it kind of DOES mean that it can't apply to others.

You see.... John Wooden Legs was talking about WHITE people KILLING his grandparents.

Sarah Palin was talking about the guys DOING THE KILLING of Wooden Legs grandparents.

Mutually exclusive thought patterns....

• Bug
    Favorite Answer

Palin has never been overly concerned about "accuracy", integrity or credibility.

Even if that is true, it can still be applies to the situation. Just because was said by an American Indian doesn't mean it doesn't apply to other people too.

Why throw race into a phrase that can apply to everyone. Are you telling me that there have been NO WHITE PEOPLE have DIED for our COUNTRY. Technically Indians also killed white people trying to claim land. It may have been wrong but they did die for the land.

How does it not apply to everyone?

Source(s): Common Sense and not brain dead
  • It's all about feeling, and sarah palin feels oh so good, late a night. She's a thought theif, she could never come up with anything original on her own, ride the wave, sarah!

• wilder

Jesus gave us the hot and eternal covenant, got here across in the hot testomony and covers issues like forgiveness.. The old testomony is Hebrew scripture and countless issues, which includes those got here across in the e book of Leviticus is not practiced via Christians.

• Scott

I still want to know why Palin, Bush, and Cheney, get constantly attacked but NO current Republican politicians get any? It must be they represent some sort of threat to the liberal left.

God I love to fear that woman... she can bring home the bacon and spank me with the pan, and she's a disaster for the GOP..