Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

If the Big Phama/Insurance Industry's are sponsoring Coakley's campaign, doesn't that say A LOT?

There is a special election in Massachesetts on Jan. 19, 2010 for Ted Kennedy's former Senate seat. If Martha Coakley (D) loses: there is a good possibility that this healthcare bill would die in the Senate. (Dems would lose 60 seat super majority)

The Republican candidate in this special election race raised over $1.2 million on Monday from small donations across the country.

http://www.brownforussenate.com/red-invades-blue

Coakley (no grass roots?) will be having a high dollar fund raiser HOSTED BY top lobbyists from BIG PHARMA and the Insurance industry NEXT TUESDAY.

What do you think??

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/be...

With Democrat Martha Coakley in trouble in the Massachusetts special election to fill Ted Kennedy's seat, Democrats could lose vote No. 60 for President Obama's health-care bill. In response, an army of lobbyists for drug companies, health insurance companies, and hospitals has teamed up to throw a high-dollar Capitol Hill fundraiser for Coakley next Tuesday night. The invitation is here.

Of the 22 names on the host committee--meaning they raised $10,000 or more for Coakley--17 are federally registered lobbyists, 15 of whom have health-care clients. Of the other five hosts, one is married to a lobbyist, one was a lobbyist in Pennsylvania, another is a lawyer at a lobbying firm, and another is a corporate CEO. Oh, and of course, there's also the political action commitee for Boston Scientific Corporation.

All the leading drug companies have lobbyists on Coakley's host committee: Pfizer, Merck, Amgen, Sanofi-Aventis, Eli Lilly, Novartis, Astra-Zeneca, and more. On the insurance side of things, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, HealthSouth, and United Health all are represented on the host committee.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It says democrats need to start paying attention to what is going on instead of blindly believing only republicans are sponsored by big corporations.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, it speaks volumes! I know that Coakley was the AG of Massachusetts and let one of those Catholic priests get away with abuse of young boys. I know that she can't spell Massachusetts even though the state is her employer. I know that she is running scared because of what is happening as the election comes closer. I hope that she is defeated! She is a pawn of the democrat party and just another clone trying to get to washington so she can sing the praises of 0bama. Defeat Coakley and impeach 0bama!

• 3 years ago

Nope, would not marvel me in any respect. there's a loophole in the regulation that facilitates donations to finally end up in a politicians pocket. by way of fact of this i think of we could desire to repair the loopholes, or possibility coverage on how lots in donations a company is permitted to furnish.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.