Applying to big companies (like hotels) in person or online?

When applying to larger companies such as retail stores or hotels (esp hotels I would love to work in a hotel) is it better to fill out an online application or visit the place in person and ask if their hiring? I would have thought in person but I tried at about 3 or so and they all said go online and fill out an... show more When applying to larger companies such as retail stores or hotels (esp hotels I would love to work in a hotel) is it better to fill out an online application or visit the place in person and ask if their hiring? I would have thought in person but I tried at about 3 or so and they all said go online and fill out an application. I've filled out so may online apps with not much response... I want to just get out there and start talking with them in person. Would that be looked upon as intrusive or would they probably all still tell me to go online?