Why do bridges have different structural design?
Why n wats the use of having different structural design for bridges?
- HoratioLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
Many factors influence which bridge design is chosen:
- how much money is available for materials and labor
- how long and wide the span needs to be
- how heavy the load will be crossing the bridge
- what kind of support surfaces are below to support the span
- in what direction stresses will occur (such as crosswinds)
- does the bridge have to move (such as to let boat traffic through)
- the maximum weight of the bridge
- will the bridge need multiple levels for railroads or vehicles