Health Information Technology Programs Online?

Hi! I am considering going for an associates in Health Information Technology. I am excited about this as a career and have heard great things about it. The problem is, for me, that there is only one college in my area that is accredited by cahiim and it is over two hours away from where i work and live. I work... show more Hi! I am considering going for an associates in Health Information Technology. I am excited about this as a career and have heard great things about it. The problem is, for me, that there is only one college in my area that is accredited by cahiim and it is over two hours away from where i work and live. I work full time and having this kind of travel time would be impossible. I would love to get my degree online. I have done extensive research into online programs, and one of the very few that meets my criteria (mainly that it is accredited) is Rasmussen college. I know it is for profit and all, but it seems I have few options. This is a huge decision for me. I have a bachelors degree in English from a well known state college, but have not found opportunities in the field that I got the degree for. I am currently earning less than ten dollars an hour even with a degree and cannot make such a huge financial decision such as going back to school lightly.

My question is does anyone know anything about Rasmussen college? Any experience or knowledge whether it involves the HIT program or not would be very helpful! Also, If anyone has any other suggestions for online schools that offer this program and are accredited please feel free to share. I would greatly appreciate it.
1 answer 1