Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 decade ago

vietnamese pho vs. African-American Gumbo?

just a simple survey...which one do you thinmk is better. please give answers that are sort of descriptive. Dont jusy "GUMBOOOOOOOOOO" or something stupid like that.

Favorite Answer

Vietnamese Pho - hands down :-)

I've only tried gumbo once (somewhere in Calif...so I'm pretty sure it wasn't as great as the gumbo one would find in Louisiana). I have several recipes for gumbo but I've never been inspired to try and make it. I'm not really a rice person heehe

Pho on the other hand..wow...I didn't even know what it was...once day I found it in a cookbook and decided to try it (it was a quick, fast recipe) and Iiked it so much I decided to try the real thing at a restaurant.. I've been hooked ever since. The flavors are sooo...it's just hard to explain. There are so many things.. the aroma of the broth...the crunchiness of the greens...and of course I love dipping the meat in sriracha & hoisin sauce - it's simply awesome. :-)

My mouth is watering...now I'm going to have to go out and get some pho :-)

• Flower

I've had Gumbo at Red Lobster and once at CrabHut. I say Gumbo at Red Lobster was better since it had more flavor then the one I had at CrabHut which had Okra in it and I don't like Okra. I've haven't had African-American Gumbo so it just makes sense for me to choose Vietnamese Pho over African-American Gumbo since I eat Pho a few times a Week.

this is been an exceedingly powerful gadget conserving us separated from one yet another. you already know what i spotted approximately Asian-human beings? while it comes right down to it, they'll continually be supportive of their countries of beginning, whether they weren't born there. Many Korean-human beings come to Korea and the Korean human beings revere them as though they are so impressive, however the Korean-human beings do the same to the Koreans. So there's a healthful and a mutual appreciate for an further. some Africans experience like numerous black human beings are ghetto residing, uneducated, lazy thugs whilst black human beings experience that Africans are poor, AIDS infested, wannabes. the issue with those stereotypes are that I even have yet to fulfill an African or a black American for that count that extremely feels that way. I even have had numerous South African roommates and friends from diverse countries in Africa and that they don't experience the way this individual expressed to you. and that i actual don't experience that way approximately my African opposite numbers. i might rather desire to have the skill to become attentive to myself as an American, yet on the same time have the skill to become attentive to myself with a manner of existence of beginning.

I love gumbo =] Although, I've never heard of African American Gumbo. It's either going to be Creole or Cajun and type of thickener used. I love a nice Cajun Gumbo thickened with file.

Source(s): Well traveled around Louisiana.

Both are great but I prefer Vietnamese Pho.

GUMBOOOOOOOOOO

actually i have never had African-American Gumbo.

Gumbo is a cajun/french invention, which would likely be primarily white

I have to say pho.