Which "er" name do you prefer? (Added lots more!)?

Sorry, I forgot a bunch when I did this earlier.....

Tucker

Tanner

Cooper

Booker

Asher

Colter

Brynner

Brenner

Sawyer

Carter

Parker

Ryder

Chandler

Casper

Jasper

Conner

Thatcher

Oliver

Alexander

Xander

Xavier

Tyler

Turner

Spencer

Skyler/Schuyler

Denver

River

Christopher

Hunter

Fisher

Foster

Leander

Calder

39 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have found myself really loving names that end in -er. I would use Hunter in a heartbeat if my step brother in law wasn't named Hunter, I have also given some thought to Fisher, but it just makes me think Fisher Price and although it is not bad, that's not what I want to think of when I think of my son's name. I guess you can say that my favorite that I can use is Connor and my favorite that is a guilty pleasure is Jasper.

Ones I love:

~Tanner: This is my nephew's name, I love this name, but can't use it.

~Sawyer: I wouldn't use this we have a friend of the family with a little boy named this, but I think that it is really cute.

~Jasper: I love this name, I think that it is strong and nice and wish my husband would agree to it.

~Conner- This name means lover of hounds, which is a big part of our life, but I love the way this name sounds, and it is in my top three favorite names.

~Oliver: I think that Oliver Thomas is one of the most perfect names, but my husband disagrees again, so it would be in my top three but it's not. I love the nickname Ollie.

~Alexander: This is paired with one of my favorite names: Landon, while I would never use it for a first name I think it makes an excelent middle name, it is the name of the person that helped Jesus carry the cross to calvary.

~Spencer: This used to be one of my favorite names, I still think of it as a guilty pleasure name, but I don't think I would ever use it. I love the nickname Spence though.

~Skyler: I think this is a great name, I would just spell it Skylar and use it for a girl.

~Xander: That same family friend that name their child Sawyer now has a Xander, so I can't use it but I do like this name a lot.

Ones that are ok:

~Colter: I don't love this name, but I don't hate it, it is a nice name, but I perfer Colton.

~Ryder: We breed labs and one time when we had a litter I had put down a blanket and put the puppies on top, well my one year lab at the time was mad that her mom was paying attention to her new puppies and decided to drag the blanket down the stairs and around the yard, one of the puppies got stuck on the blanket and went for the ride of his life before falling off when we got home the blanket was shredded all over the yard and one little puppy was under our picnic table half way across the yard from where we had left him, (therefore I dubbed him Sir Ride-a-Lot lol), we called him Ryder and that is what I think of when see this name.

~Tyler: I don't completely love this name, but I think it is a nice name, I prefer it for a middle name, and I adore the name Taylor for a girl, so I would never use Tyler for a boy.

~Denver: I don't love or hate this name it is just ok

~River: I don't love or hate this name, I just wouldn't ever use it

~Christopher: I don't love it or hate it, I just find it overused and boring

~Xavier: This is my sister's boyfriends name, and I don't care for him, he cheated on her, so I wouldn't ever use this name, it isn't horrible, but I definitely don't love it.

~Parker: This is cute, but I wouldn't use it and husband hates it

~Turner: It just sounds like a last name, I don't hate it but I don't love and I wouldn't use it

~Carter: This is nice, I like it for a middle name, I doubt I would use it though

~Chandler: This is nice, I really like it but I would never use it

~Thatcher: This is different I've never heard this one, but I wouldn't use it

~Leander: This has been growing on me lately, I like it, but my husband would never agree

Ones I can't stand:

~Tucker: I know someone that named there dog Marshall Tucker and that's what I think of when I see this name, I don't hate it but I just don't care for it.

~Cooper: I just think of cooper the pooper, I really don't like this name.

~Booker: I haven't heard this one but I don't like it

~Asher: This one is gaining popularity but I don't are for it

~Brenner/Brynner: I hadn't heard of this one, but I really don't like this name for a girl or a boy or even a pet, just don't like it.

~Foster: I had to be in a foster home when I was 16 for a month, and I hated it so bad and that is what I think of when I see this name.

~Casper: while I love Jasper, I really don't care for Casper, it just doesn't sound as good

~Calder: I have never heard of this name, but I don't care for it

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • I love: Asher, Carter, Conner, Oliver, Alexander, Spencer

I like: Chandler, Sawyer, Parker, Tyler, Leander

Acceptable: Christopher, Tucker, Tanner, Cooper, Ryder, Casper, Jasper, Skyler, River, Hunter,

I dislike: Brynner, Brenner, Colter, Booker, Thatcher, Xander, Xavier, Turner, Denver, Fisher, Foster, Calder

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Casper & Sawyer are my joint favourites. They're on my list as Emerson Casper Gray & Adam Sawyer Joseph. I also love Foster, Colter, Carter, Tucker (my brother's nickname), Brooker, Jasper, Xander, Alexander, Skylar, Hunter, Calder, Frasier, Leander, Denver & Fraser. I have a thing for names that sound like surnames :)

• 1 decade ago

Well I liked Spencer, Tyler, Oliver, Chandler, Carter, Sawyer, Brenner, Colter, Asher, Booker, Tucker, & Tanner. But my favorite was Carter for a boy & Sawyer for a girl. And what about Sailer and Kyler? Just two of my favorite names

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I like Tanner, Cooper, Asher, Colter, Carter, Parker, Ryder, Jasper (my favorite!), Conner, Alexander, Xavier, Tyler, Skyler, Rive and Hunter!

You forgot Tayler, that's one of my favorites, 2nd to Jasper!

• renner
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I like Xander (but hate the spelling, it looks like something out of Star Wars lol), Christopher, Carter, and Asher, Jasper, and Skyler.

I hate Ryder, Fisher, Thatcher, Sawyer, Foster, Calder, Booker, Cooper, and Tanner (this last one is a bit biased though...)

(:

• Sophia
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Parker, Alexander, Xavier, Skyler, River

• xoxo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Parker, Carter, Casper, Conner, Thatcher (guilty pleasure), Oliver, Colter, Alexander, Turner, Tyler, Hunter, .....yeah so pretty much all of them!

• 1 decade ago

Jasper, Oliver, Alexander, Tyler, Hunter.

You have a thing about -er names, don't you?

• 1 decade ago

Alexander and Xavier.

I like Alexander as Aleksander, though. And Xavier pronounced zay-vi-er.

• Genna
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Tucker, Sawyer, Parker, Ryder, Jasper, Conner,Tyler, and River are my favorites

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.