Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Recipe for easy dinner?

I need a recipe for a dinner for me and my brother, easy, quick, used with usual house hold food. I dont have any baking soda or powder.

I have chicken, salmon (i hate salmon), ground beef. I have a whole bunch of spices, sauces, ect. rice, potatoes, corn, peas. blah blah blah.

Im 13 but my mom taught me how to cook food when i was young. I think my level of cooking would be.......6 or 7.

(Please, no big messy dinners. My mom would kill me!)

Oh and maybe a good brownie recipe. I have a brownie package with choco chips in it. I want to make unique brownies with that brownie package. I have bananas, strawberrys, and blueberries. I have pudding, nesquick. stuff like that. Thanks!!!!!

Favorite Answer

Here's a couple of fast and pretty easy ideas (bet you could handle more complicated one, but not sure exactly what else you have in the house to work with).

For the chicken, assuming it's cut up in pieces. First take a zip lock bag and add a cup or so of rice krispies, about a tsp of salt and same amount of paprika. Crush either by pounding or with your hands. Just don't do it hard enough to rip the bag. Then coat the chicken with a thin layer of mayonnaise. Drop the chicken in the bag, one piece at a time and shake to coat. Bake in an oven you preheated to 350 for about half an hour or a little bit longer if the chicken is on the bone. I was kinda scared to try this the first time with the mayo, but a friend insisted it was awesome. Trust me, she was right! It adds a great flavor and keeps the chicken super moist.

For the Beef: How about a meatloaf? Mix together the chopped meat, one egg, some ketchup, breadcrumbs, a couple dashes of wostershire sauce if you have it, garlic and onion powders, and some salt. Shape into a loaf and bake it about 40 minutes.

If you want to list more ingredients you have in the house, or what kind of food you and your brother like, I'd be glad to come up with more ideas. But wanted to stick with what you were likely to have on hand for sure.

As for the brownies, do you have any cream cheese in the house? If you do you can mix together a package of cream cheese, an egg, some vanilla drop it by spoonfuls across the top of the made brownie mix in the pan before baking, run a knife through in both directions (up the pan then across) to swirl it in. Or if you have 2 kinds of puddings you could make a chocolate one and a vanilla one, bake the brownies up when backed then layer in a dish with brownies and alternating puddings. If you did this with cake it would be called a Trifle. Not sure what it would be called with brownies...maybe just yummy LOL.

Hope this helped!

I have so many! I work full time so I cook easy recipes on week days. 5 Can Chicken Casserole 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup 1 Can Chicken Noodle Soup 2 Cans White Chunk Chicken 1 Small Can Evaporated Milk 1 Small Can Chow Mien Noodles Mix all together. Bake 350 for 45 minutes. Beef Taco Skillet 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef 1 Can Tomato Soup 1 Cup Chunky Salsa or Taco Sauce 1/2 Cup Water 8 Flour or Corn Tortillas 6" cut in 1" pieces 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese Brown ground beef in skillet. Pour off fat. Add soup, salsa, water, tortillas, and half of the cheese. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until hot. Top with remaining cheese. Serves 4.

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 40 minutes

Ingredients:

8- 1 ounce squares of unsweetened chocolate

1 cup butter

5 eggs

3 cups sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla

1-1/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon salt

2-1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.

Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat; set aside. In a mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at high speed for 10 minutes**. Blend in chocolate mixture, flour and salt until just mixed. Stir in the nuts. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for 35-40 minutes. (Don't overbake.) Cool and frost if desired, but that is not necessary.

** It's not required, but this is when it's very nice to own a stand mixer.

This is one of the best brownie recipes.

use the ground beef and make salisbury steaks . form 1/2 lb of ground into two mound shapes by adding salt pepper and 1/2 cup of bread crumb and broil for eight minutes a side.

While meat is broiling melt tbsp of butter and tbsp of oil in a pan and add an onion sliced and a few sliced mushrooms, simmer until onion are transparent add tbsp of corn starch and stir then add 3/4 cup of water , tsp of Worcestershire sauce and a bullion cube . Simmer while stirring until it thickens then lower heat cover and simmer for ten minutes.

Serve as a gravy over the meat and serve with mashed potatoes and a green veggie like green beans or peas.

Go to Mammadipino.com. They have the best recipes if you like Italian food.

Easy Garlic and Rosemary Chicken

Ingredients

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup

1 cup sour cream

1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Combine the soup, sour cream and rosemary. Mix well.

Place chicken pieces in a 9x13 inch baking dish, in a single layer. Pour rosemary mixture over chicken and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Let cool 10 minutes and serve.

Ground Beef and Rice with Cheese

Ingredients

1 cup white rice

1 cup water

1 pound ground beef

3 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup

3 tablespoons chili powder

8 slices processed cheese food (such as Velveeta®)

Directions

Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.

Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 1-quart baking dish.

While the rice is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the ground beef. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in the condensed tomato soup and chili powder; cook until heated through.

Spread 1/3 of the rice into the bottom of the prepared baking dish and cover with 1/3 of the ground beef mixture. Place 2 slices of processed cheese over the meat, then cover with 2 more layers of rice and meat. Arrange the remaining 6 slices of cheese over the top.

Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole has heated through and the cheese is bubbly and browned, about 20 minutes.

Chocolate Chip Brownies

Ingredients

1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

2 eggs

1/3 cup Stevia Extract In The Raw™ Cup For Cup

1/3 cup Sugar In The Raw®

1/2 cup whole wheat flour

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup nonfat buttermilk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup semisweet chocolate mini chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.

Combine melted butter and cocoa powder. Set aside to cool.

In large bowl beat eggs until frothy. Add Stevia Extract In the Raw and Sugar In The Raw. Combine flours, baking powder and salt - add to egg mixture and stir. Add in cocoa mixture, vegetable oil, buttermilk and vanilla. Stir until blended. Stir in mini chips.

Pour batter into baking pan and bake at 350 degrees F about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on rack. Cut into 16 squares and serve.