Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Am I allowed to place land mines on my lawn?

Is it against the law to place land mines on my lawn, in case a intruder decides to enter my premises?

Also am I allowed to shoot anyone who comes inside my yard.

This is a serious question and I want to know, because there are kids who play in my yard after being told not to and talking to their parents.

Favorite Answer

Landmines, no. You are not allowed to own them, first off, they are explosive devices regulated by the BATFE.

Secondly, anything that is an undue hazard on your property will cause you to be on the receiving end of a lawsuit if someone hurts them self on it, trespassing or not. I can't even do like the Mexicans do & mortar broken glass onto the top of my block walls. It's a gratuitous hazard.

Simple trespassing is not a reason to use force of any kind, let alone deadly force. To justify the use of a firearm on another person, you must show cause that you had reasonable fear of harm to yourself or another resident of the house, and generally not unless it is IN the house. Kids playing in your yard is NOT a clear and present threat. Laws differ from state to state, but none allow you to snuff another human for simply being on the wrong side of your property line.

Somehow I doubt that this house is your house.. I'm guessing that it belongs to your parents.

I really liked the idea of the motion detector setting off the sprinklers.. I might just rig that one up. Thanks!

Lastly; you really don't sound mature enough to even own a slingshot, let alone a firearm. Please leave those to we who have a clue. Thank you.

Source(s): Firearms owner & hobbyist, NRA member, Libertarian. http://www.LP.org

No, you can't do that. I'm 100% certain that being in possession of land mines will get you quite a few years in federal prison. Check your states' laws concerning shooting people who are in your yard, but I doubt shooting kids playing in your yard would go over well anywhere.

Do you have a lawn sprinkler system? You can hook it up to a motion detector so the sprinklers come on when anyone comes on your lawn. Two or three times and they'll stay off your lawn, works with dogs and burglars too.

Hide the land mines. Out of sight out of mind. DON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT THEM!

Yes you can shoot people who come on your yard without your permission. Whether it be a slingshot, or a tank, and everything that comes in between.

You can put anything you want on your lawn, as long as you re prepared to face the consequences, things like long prison sentences and massive fines.

Land mines are legal ONLY if you have muslims trespassing on your property after dark !! To keep kids out ....... you`re going to have to look into an electrified barb-wire fence !!

you have kids that play in your yard and you want to put land mines down? If this was anywhere but yahoo answers, i'd be shocked.

I can't see why not. If you place "no trespassing" signs on your property, you should be able to do whatever you want with your land.

Source(s): I'll be responsible for other people's kids when I get veto power over their birth.
  • Lee

You better have good home owners insurance,and you might have a little difficulty explaining it to the police.

No land mines.

Only in Texas