How would you handle someone who speaks fluent sarcasm?

Update: Old Mister Happy: thank you for your answer, which I do appreciate! However it is not that I fear an inability to outwit the person in question, not at all ... It's just that I find the overuse of sarcasm as a mode of interaction to be somewhat irritating, wearying, and highly unattractive. The TDs any of my... show more Old Mister Happy: thank you for your answer, which I do appreciate! However it is not that I fear an inability to outwit the person in question, not at all ... It's just that I find the overuse of sarcasm as a mode of interaction to be somewhat irritating, wearying, and highly unattractive.
The TDs any of my respondents receive are not from me, ever.
Update 2: Dr House: Oh please! You lie! You are a master! But never irritating.
Update 3: Ian E: Oh thank you!!! So very much!! I think you were of the few who grasped the fact that it is NOT that I detest sarcasm in general (on the contrary, I quite enjoy a little mild sarcasm, tastefully dressed, and executed with good humour by a person of fine wit) ... it's the unrelenting stream of naked,... show more Ian E: Oh thank you!!! So very much!! I think you were of the few who grasped the fact that it is NOT that I detest sarcasm in general (on the contrary, I quite enjoy a little mild sarcasm, tastefully dressed, and executed with good humour by a person of fine wit) ... it's the unrelenting stream of naked, rather coarse sarcasm by the socially inept that irks me. The more I reflect upon it, the more I realise that you are absolutely right in saying that it is a mode of bullying behaviour. And you were right also that in taming myself into non-response and feigning a bored indifference to it all, it did dilute the maliciousness of the attacks, and the frequency. I am yet to see any humility from the person in question, but I live in hope, and I'm enjoying some respite! ... Thank you! xoxo ....
Update 4: Innit and Angela ... I know that you two also understand the difference between light and dark sarcasm ... thank you both!
Update 5: Innit and Angela ... I know that you two also understand the difference between light and dark sarcasm ... thank you both!