Zune vs iPod?? Neither?

I've had a Zune 30GB for the past two years and it's worked fine until recently. Whenever I try to turn it on (even when plugged in), it cuts off so quick I can't do any of the manual reset options. I've tried leaving it plugged in for days, and leaving it unplugged for weeks, to no avail, and... show more I've had a Zune 30GB for the past two years and it's worked fine until recently. Whenever I try to turn it on (even when plugged in), it cuts off so quick I can't do any of the manual reset options. I've tried leaving it plugged in for days, and leaving it unplugged for weeks, to no avail, and it's past its warranty so no free repair option.

So, Zune's left a sour taste in my mouth, though at the same time I've heard bad things about iPods from friends that have them. I use Amazon for MP3s, so Zune Marketplace/iTunes isn't a limiting factor (they both suck). Usage-wise, I used my Zune when working out and in the car ghetto-rigged with a cassette converter (gotta put up with the radio now).

I need to replace my Zune, so with what should I replace it with? Another Zune, an iPod or neither? Please provide personal experience.