Was Jesus Christ worshiped in the New Testament?

If so, could you give me a few verses where it says this?

Thank you

Favorite Answer

Yes Jesus Christ was worshipped many times in the New Testament.

Matthew 2:2 “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.”

Matthew 2:11 “And when they had come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshipped Him.”

Matthew 14:33 “Then those who were in the boat came and worshipped Him, saying, Truly you are the Son of God.”

Matthew 28:9 “And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, Rejoice! And they came and held Him by the feet and worshipped Him.”

Matthew 28:17 “And when they saw Him, they worshipped Him; but some doubted.”

John 9:38 “Then he said, ‘Lord, I believe!’ And he worshipped Him.”

You see how Jesus was equal with God.

Hebrews 1:6 “But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says, “Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

• Christ was worshiped as God many times according to the Gospel accounts, and He always accepted such worship as appropriate. For example, in John 20:28 Jesus accepted worship from Thomas. All the angels are told to worship Jesus according to Hebrews 1:6. The wise men worshiped Jesus, Matthew 2:11; a leper worshiped Him, Matthew 8:2; a ruler bowed before Him in worship, Matthew 9:18; a blind man worshiped Him, John 9:38; a woman worshiped Him, Matthew 15:25; Mary Magdalene worshiped Him, Matthew 28:9; and the disciples worshiped Him, Matthew 28:17.

Matthew 14:33 (New King James Version)

33 Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.”

John 9:38 (New King James Version)

38 Then he said, “Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him.

Matthew 28:9 (New King James Version)

9 And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, “Rejoice!” So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him.

Matthew 28:17 (New King James Version)

17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.

Luke 24:52 (New King James Version)

52 And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,

• HAMMER

"Then they that were in the ship came and worshiped him, saying, Of a truth You are the Son of God." Matthew 14:33.

"And they worshiped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy." Luke 24:52.

"For unto which of the angels said He at any time, Thou art My Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son. And again, when He bringeth in the first begotten into the world, He said, And let ALL the angels worship him." Hebrews 1:5-16.

Jesus said, "All men should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He that honors not the Son honors not the Father which hath sent him" John 5:23.

Source(s): NT

Matthew 2:11

After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

Matthew 14:33

And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "You are certainly God's Son!"

Matthew 28:9

And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.

Matthew 28:17

When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful.

Luke 24:52

And they, after worshiping Him, returned to Jerusalem with great joy,

John 9:38

And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him.

Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.’” ~ Matthew 4:10

Now we should only worship God. But people throughout the Bible people worshiped Jesus and Jesus didn't stop them.

And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh. ~ Matthew 2:11

And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.” ~ Matthew 8:2

While He spoke these things to them, behold, a ruler came and worshiped Him, saying, “My daughter has just died, but come and lay Your hand on her and she will live.” ~ Matthew 9:18

Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.” ~ Matthew 14:33

Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!” ~ Matthew 15:25

When he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshiped Him. ~ Mark 5:6

(There is more)

So it is clear that Jesus is God, if He was not, He would have been sinning when people like the disciples worshiped Him.

http://www.amazingfacts.org/FreeStuff/OnlineLibrar...

No, not worshiped. I find it also strange that only Christians believe the Torah speaks of jesus although god had several opportunities to tell people he was Jesus (after all, xtians believe Iesus is god.) and god never once mentions his son's name to anyone or even tells them that he will have a son.

• anon

And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh

Yes, particularly after Jesus was resurrected. In those instances after the resurrection wherein he revealed who he was, he was worshiped. That included at the Garden Tomb, when he appeared to Mary.

Yes, even by angels..........

"For to which of the angels did God ever say,

"You are my Son;

today I have become your Father"? Or again,

"I will be his Father,

and he will be my Son"? And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says,

"Let all God's angels worship him."

Hebrews 1:5-6