Do you think Prince William should marry Princess Madeleine of Sweden?

She is very beautiful, she's royal, she's used to the royal life... lets face it Kate Middleton will crack, she's cracked already.

Update:

A Princess should be a Princess, its traditional thousands of years of tradtion should not be broken.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • zafir
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Prince William cannot marry Princess Madeleine as she is already engaged to lawyer Jonas Bergstrom and due to marry him later this year.

Why should a Princess be a Princess? There is no tradition here, and Diana was certainly not a princess until the Queen bestowed that title on her when Diana married Charles.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

No, I don't think Prince William should marry Princess Madeleine of Sweden. It is difficult enough for ladies raised in the UK to be the wives of UK Royal Family members, much less a foreigner trying to make a success of it.

One has already noticed questions from citizens in Commonwealth countries wondering why ladies from their countries are not more seriously considered as possible brides for the UK royal family.

One would think that there might be many hurt feelings and questions from among the Commonwealth subjects if a bride for William was "imported" from Sweden, and no ladies from THEIR countries had been considered.

Still, the boy should be allowed to marry anyone he falls deeply in love with. Being King is a difficult enough role, without having to do it "without the help and support of the woman I love".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Princess Madeleine is, although she is royal, a very common girl and I don't think she would be happy as a Queen of any country. She is far to private. I don't know her personally, of course, but this is the impression I get of her.

Source(s): Swedish
  • 1 decade ago

Prince William should marry the person he wants to marry as should Princess Madeline. The days of royal inbreeding should be over.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • haeder
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

the days of arranged marriages between Royal families are long over. They was to cement ties between international locations, on the instant the place the Monarchy has little or no ability this isn't any longer needed. finally, William will marry who he needs to, no longer who his grandmother comes to a decision is ultimate, technically she has the superb to veto any marriage and has to furnish her approval yet until eventually she had some very grave reservations she can no longer withold approval.

• 1 decade ago

Not really. They might be distant family, like most royal families.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.