Are President George W. Bush and Osama Bin Laden really all that different?

Both George W. Bush and Osama Bin Laden consider annihilation a perfectly justifiable means to effect changes they would like to see. Osama Bin Laden has long wanted to annihilate the United States and Western civilization as a whole because of the role the West played in the partitioning of Palestine -- an act... show more Both George W. Bush and Osama Bin Laden consider annihilation a perfectly justifiable means to effect changes they would like to see. Osama Bin Laden has long wanted to annihilate the United States and Western civilization as a whole because of the role the West played in the partitioning of Palestine -- an act that made refugees out of hundreds of thousands of Arabs. As far as Bin Laden is concerned, it was an unjustifiable and heinous act and a major indication that there is so much wrong with Western civilization that the best thing to do would be to destroy it.

Now consider President George W. Bush: George Bush annihilated Iraq in order to assassinate Saddam Hussein. Until that time, world leaders had left Saddam in power in Iraq because it was the lesser of two evils to do so: No one had a plan for what would come after Saddam and it was common knowledge that deposing him, from without, would destabilize the country. No one in the Bush administration had a plan either, and there is no way that he wasn't advised about what would happen. But Bush's resentment over Saddam's having once plotted to assassinate Bush Sr. and his fear that Saddam might still harbor some desire to assassinate Bushes prevailed. Dumbya apparently figured, "I want Saddam dead, I have the power to make it happen -- and that's all that matters to me."

In closing, Osama Bin Laden is a deceitful, scheming, irrational individual devoid of any conscience, and George W. Bush is a vain, spoiled, sniveling, histrionic coward and quite a schemer in his own right. Both are responsible for the deaths of thousands of American citizens. It seems to me that, after all is said and done, both of them will burn in hell, alongside Saddam Hussein as well as every Conservative who has ever drawn breath. What say you?

----------------------------
"After all, this is the guy who tried to kill my dad."--G. W. Bush
http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/09/2...
Update: u_bin_called, that's not an answer. Were you not aware that to treat this format as something other than a question-and-answer one is to risk being reported for violating community guidelines? Please answer the question.
Update 2: <sigh> It's a very simple question. Do you think they are or are not all that very different, as far as human beings go, and if you care to elaborate, then by all means, do so.
14 answers 14