In the bible when exactly does it say the world is going to end?
If it's real then it should have a predicted date...
But when you come to think about it. Through generation through generation there always been a day the world is suppose to end. I know some signs already happened but how many more is left?
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
--JESUS GAVE an interesting answer to the Pharisees when they asked for a sign--Jesus gave a pointed illustration of recognizing weather conditions and for ARMAGEDDON the special times in Jesus day AND ITS application for our time, please note:
“16 Here the Pharisees and Sadducees approached him and, to tempt him, they asked him to display to them a sign from heaven. 2 In reply he said to them: “[[When evening falls YOU are accustomed to say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is fire-red’; 3 and at morning, ‘It will be wintry, rainy weather today, for the sky is fire-red, but gloomy-looking.’ YOU know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but the signs of the times YOU cannot interpret.]] 4 A wicked and adulterous generation keeps on seeking for a sign........."
HE GAVE his disciples one sign with many features as they asked---- they indeed would recognize his prophecy:"
“. . .“Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?””
“7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.”.........12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off.
** su chap. 3 p. 29 How Long Will the Present System Last? ***
● “Half a century has gone by, yet the mark that the tragedy of the Great War left on the body and soul of the nations has not faded . . . The physical and moral magnitude of this ordeal was such that nothing left was the same as before. Society in its entirety: systems of government, national borders, laws, armed forces, interstate relations, but also ideologies, family life, fortunes, positions, personal relations—everything was changed from top to bottom. . . . Humanity finally lost its balance, never to recover it to this day.”—General Charles de Gaulle, speaking in 1968 (Le Monde, November 12, 1968).
● “Ever since 1914, everybody conscious of trends in the world has been deeply troubled by what has seemed like a fated and pre-determined march toward ever greater disaster. Many serious people have come to feel that nothing can be done to avert the plunge towards ruin. They see the human race, like the hero of a Greek tragedy, driven on by angry gods and no longer the master of fate.”—Bertrand Russell, New York Times Magazine, September 27, 1953.
● “Looking back from the vantage point of the present we see clearly today that the outbreak of World War I ushered in a twentieth-century ‘Time of Troubles’—in the expressive term of the British historian Arnold Toynbee—from which our civilization has by no means yet emerged. Directly or indirectly all the convulsions of the last half century stem back to 1914.”—The Fall of the Dynasties: The Collapse of the Old Order (New York; 1963), by Edmond Taylor, page 16.
----Alan Greenspan, for almost 20 years chairman of U.S Federal Reserve Board stated in his book-------
--"By all contemporaneous accounts , the world prior to 1914 seemed to be moving irreversibly toward higher levels of civility and civilization ; human society seemed perfectible. The nineteenth century had brought an end to the wretched slave trade. Dehumanizing violence seemed on the decline....The pace of global invention had advanced throughout the nineteenth century , bringing railroads , the telephone , electric light, cinema , the motor car, and house hold conveniences to numerous to mention. Medical science, improved nutrition and the mass distribution of potable water had elevated life expectancy....The sense of the irreversibility of such progress"
So the signicance of world wide happenings since 1914 should impress on our mind the strong possibiity of the following happenings:
(Revelation 12:12) 12 On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.”
The senario of 1914 should impress our minds that we indeed are in time where Satan "has a short period of time" and is doing all he can to destroy peoples hope in the Kingdom as it states in part "thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven" Matthew 6:9
There is no exact date for Armageddon , but like being able to predict many weather happenings so to we can know "the short period of time" with Satan's anger being expressed to mankind great or small especially since 1914!
- the only 1 hoboLv 51 decade ago
This is a world with out end Amen <> also we know when Christ will return to earth and that is at the battle of Armageddon the last war.What we don't know is when He will appear in the clouds and call believers , (or the Church ) home ( Rapture or taking up) As we look around close we see things going on that are slowly pointing to the time of the taking upA lot of that can be found in the book of Daniel also Revelation
- Mike SLv 61 decade ago
Matthew 24:36 says only God knows. But there are signs. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 tells of the times we live in now. Also Matthew chapter 24. 1 John 2:15-17
- Anonymous1 decade ago
It doesn't. I would be weary of anytime you are given a mark that you can't buy or sell without, such as a barcode tattoo or microchip. The most powerful bankers are always trying to centralize power and buy up governments. This is how America fell. I'm not a Christian, but I do believe there were real prophets. Whether the prophesy of Revelation is real or not, I don't know.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
It doesn't. Every generation since Jeebers has felt like theirs is the end of the world. Think of how the Jews felt in WWII. But, thw world has not and shall not come to an end and Jeebers ain't coming back cuz if he did he would probably have a bomb strapped to his a** and go all jihad on everone. After all, he was a fanatic and middle eastern.
Give me thumbs down if you want but you know its true.
- WendyLv 45 years ago
I think the bible says that the world will end in "fire". But, according to modern cosomology, since the universe is not only expanding but the expansion is, itself, accelerating - it would appear that the Universe is actually going to freeze to death. And the "big donut" was never going to destory the world.
- ExoskeletonLv 71 decade ago
It is real, but it doesn't give an exact date. Only God knows the exact date. It does gives signs though that will show we are close.
- The ApostateLv 41 decade ago
It does not. Rather, it says something like "I will come like a thief in the night. You will know neither the day nor the hour."
- eyjudeLv 51 decade ago
the bible gives signs that are spacific to our generation but no year / date is given.
- MatthewLv 61 decade ago
Nobody knows the exact date, but signs are given. =)