Why does my kid do this when writing her name?

She will be 5 in March and we do basic learning at home. Today she had to write her name, which she always does. She traces her first name once and then writes her first name 3 times by herself. Most of the times she does this with no hassle but sometimes when she is at the table writing her name she'll... show more She will be 5 in March and we do basic learning at home. Today she had to write her name, which she always does. She traces her first name once and then writes her first name 3 times by herself.

Most of the times she does this with no hassle but sometimes when she is at the table writing her name she'll start itching her head, swinging her feet and diverting her attention to the toys in her room. She'll start talking to me about other things. Not focusing on her name. She'll pretend to forget to write a letter in her room.

She really takes to her Fisher Price work book, souniding out letters, and reading number 1 books, she loves numbers and arts and crafts and she breezes through all those numbers..

In the end after all the hassle, she'll write the letter with ease on her grammar paper

She seems to enjoy learning as we do not do it everyday, and the days that we don't do it she asks if we can.

She starts kindergarten in the fall.
Update: Heather, I was told that when children enter kindergarten they should be able to recognize their letters and the sounds they make, write if not recognize their names, can count up to 20 at least and so much more. If my daughter is willing to learn then of course I will be there to teach her. I don't push... show more Heather, I was told that when children enter kindergarten they should be able to recognize their letters and the sounds they make, write if not recognize their names, can count up to 20 at least and so much more.

If my daughter is willing to learn then of course I will be there to teach her. I don't push her, she wants to do this.

Even though she is almost 5, I stillI value education, and her expressing a willingness to learn will only be greater for her in the future.