LILY asked in SportsBoxing · 1 decade ago

I'm trying to find something about my grampa Frank Knauer, the boxer?

It's easy to see his boxing scores, he was a pro boxer in the 1930's. But now a cousin told me his nick name was Frankie now or never. And that he boxed a wrestler by the name of Killer Kawalski, and that was the first fight ever broadcast on tv between a boxer and a wrestler. It was broadcast on WGN channel 9 in Chicago! I would like any information, a link, but I'd sure like a video clip if that could be possible, probably not but a link to information would be great! I'm doing the family tree and this is important to the whole family.

Update:

thanks Maurice, I've got that link on his profile in the family tree. I'm trying to find info on his match with Killer Kawolski in Chicago. boxer vs wrestler

Update 2:

yes, I saw that bout on youtube too.... I guess I'm hoping someone will have some connection to WGN in Chicago, or have a way to figure this out! Thanks for trying! I've tried it all too, so I'm hoping someone more savvy than I can get somewhere lol!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • John S
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sorry couldn't find a Frank Knauer vs a wrestler or Frankie now or never. I did find a 1930's newssreel with a boxer vs wrestler but it wasn't Killer Kowalski or your grandpa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI5HJVFt-Ys

Youtube thumbnail

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

here is his professional boxing record:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=101850&c...

a "newspaper decision" basically means that the fight was a no decision (no official winner), and the ringside journalists decided for themselves who deserved to win.

hope this helps.

• Cheif
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

google his name youll get something

my grandad was gonna be a pro boxer at one point until...............

Source(s): best answer please
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.