Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What can I take to help me get visible abs and toned legs?

I think of an average weight and height. I'm 167 cm tall, 55 kg. That's like 5'5'' and 121 lb. I'm a female. I want to have visible abs and toned butt and legs. What products can I take to help me get that with regular exercise (3 times a week)?

How long is it gonna take? I've stopped exercising like 6 months ago, I was so busy with school so how difficult is it to have a nice body? Will I be able to have a better body in a month? Thanks :D

I'm not fat free btw

Favorite Answer

There aren't any products that will help you get that - only products that make your workouts and diet more effective. For instance, many weight loss pills are thermogenic pills, meaning they enhance your workout because the ingredients in them (like caffeine) gives you a boost to increase the duration of your cardio, more energy to do more reps and sets, etc. If you're looking to drop a significant amount of weight (15+), I'd suggest having cardio sessions 5-6 days a week. Cardio is much more easier to do because you can do it anywhere - a 30 minutes jog in the morning is a piece of cake.

Abs are made 80% in the kitchen and 20% in the gym, so it is important to have a great nutrition plan or else all that hardwork you have been putting into the gym will be for nothing. For abs to be visible, one's bodyfat percentage must be lower than 12% for men and 18% for women, so the resistance training you may be doing is worthless unless you shed that fat layer through cardio and a low-carb low-fat high-protein diet. First things first: eliminate all sugary, processed, high in saturated fat, starchy, fast foods (including drinks - juices, sodas, etc). Consume 5-6 small meals a day, a meal every three or so hours. This will keep you somewhat full throughout the day and keeps your metabolism high which is key in burning fat. Drink tons of water - about a gallon and a half a day - as this flushes out toxins, keeps your body hydrated, and helps in the depleting of fat cells. Plus water has no calories so drink as much as you want; it keeps you full. If you want, have some green tea - it helps in the fat burning process but make sure it's in moderation. Consume protein in every meal; you should aim for 20 grams of protein if you can. After your protein, consume your vegetables and fruits and then your whole grains. Eat as many vegetables as you please as most of these are negative calorie foods, meaning you burn up all the calories in the vegetable by simply chewing and digesting it. Plus, vegetables keep you full for long periods of time. Here are some healthy foods: lean protein (chicken, turkey, flank steak, and fish), whole grains (oatmeal, brown rice, wheat bread, wheat pasta, wheat tortillas), wide variety of vegetables, low glycemic fruits (berries, apples, oranges, bananas), and healthy fats in moderation (olive oil, eggs* - also good sources of protein, nuts and legumes). You can also supplement your diet with whey and casein protein shakes, omega-3 fish oils, and flax seed. Protein shakes are great for pre- and post-workouts; I recommend Optimum Nutrition. They taste great are as basic shakes for women and men. Sample Day:

7am - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 apple, 1 whole egg with 2 egg whites

10am - One scoop Whey Protein (post workout) and handful of berries

1pm - 1 chicken breast, brown rice, 1 cup of steamed veggies

4pm - 1/2 cup Almonds and yogurt

7pm - 1 fillet Tilapia (or other fish) and romaine lettuce salad

9pm - Casein Protein Shake

***Craving sweets or dessert? Consumer Jell-O (10 cals) or Jell-O Pudding (60 cals); both are fat free and are low glycemic

***Hungry? Snack on vegetables – carrot and celery sticks for example

***Substitute protein shakes for other sources of protein, but make sure they are equivalent in amount of grams in protein, carbs and fat. Remember protein shakes have hardly any carbs and have no fat. Non-fat cottage cheese is a great substitute for casein protein shakes

Cardio:

Complete 30-45 minute sessions of cardio for 4-5 times a week. If you are going to do your cardio sessions with your resistance training, be sure to complete your cardio AFTER your resistance training. That way you can concentrate on proper form and will have more energy to complete more reps. Also, cardio after resistance helps you burn more calories and rids your body of lactic acid and makes you less sore for the next day.

The most simple way to do cardio is to jog because it can be done anywhere, anytime without equipment. You can do laps in a pool, elliptical machine, treadmill, stairmaster and bike. Switch it up as much as you want to keep your body guessing.

Interval training is the best way to cut fat and to tone up. It also keeps your body burning calories for up to 48 hours after your training, which is why many athletes and professional body builders use this method. Example:

Warm up - 5 minutes

Intensity Level 9 - 1 minute

Intensity Level 6 - 2 minutes

Intensity Level 3 - 1 minute

*Repeat 3-6 times depending on how long you want*

Cool Down - 5 minutes

*This can be done on any workout equipment or when you are out running, jogging or walking. Intensity level is rated between 1-10.*

Resistance Training:

Resistance training helps you sculpt your muscles and burn calories for up to two days after your training. The more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism is, the lower your body fat percentage and the more visible your abs or flat stomach become.

Start out by splitting up your routine like this : Mondays - Shoulder/Biceps, Wednesdays - Legs/Back, and Fridays - Chest/Triceps. Training one day, taking one day off allows for your muscles to heal which is necessary to properly sculpt your body. In the gym, complete a mixture of machines and free weights, as machines help with proper form and free weights hit muscles machines can't. Also, to tone up, try smaller amounts of weight but more reps. Focus more on proper form and completing the exercise slow, rather than multiple sets of tons of exercises going through them super fast.

To get those toned abs, work your abs like any other muscle. Take one day on and one day off. If you want to make them super visible, add weight. Split up your routine like this: Mondays - Upper Abdominals, Wednesdays - Lower Abdominals, Fridays - Obliques.

I hope this helps. Email me with any questions. Good luck!!

Source(s): I'm a NCAA Division I athlete - soccer

To get visible abs and toned legs you have to reduce your body fat, because they fat layer covers the muscles you want to be visible. In order to reduce your fat you should stick to a nutrition and workout plan. Nutrition is what's most important if your goal is losing weight because if you're taking more calories than you burn you won't lose any weight. Most people don't know that so they're frustrated about their diet results.

If you start right now than you should be able to look better in a month as you'll make great progresses in the first weeks of dieting and exercising.

The first important step is quit eating things like fast food, sweets, cake, soft drinks (except diet soft drinks) and other foods which won't support your weight loss.

For more information about weight loss visit the link below, there you'll find lots of tips how you can optimize your nutrition and workouts.

I hope this works for you as well as it did for me!

Weight loss was a permanent drag for me until I tried colon cleanse. I know they say that pills don't work, nevertheless they certainly worked for me, and they've been featured on the Rachael Ray Show too. There is a free trial happening at the moment at http://bideck.newbeautydiet.info , give it a try, what have you got to lose?