SourBuns asked in SportsBoxing · 1 decade ago

Muhammad Ali has Cerebral Palsy?

Well I heard he does and I swear I saw a Youtube video or something where him and Will Smith were doing some sort of commercial for Cerebral Palsy and Charity. I want to confirm and know

1) He got it from birth right? So Did it go away for him to be able to box? and how did it affect him as a kid?

2) When did it come back or did he have those symptoms of it all his life and just had to deal with it

or did it come back or worsen from too many fights?

THANKS SO MUCH !! :)

if you have any more info please help me i really need it

• Best Answer

He has Parkinson's disease, initially diagnosed as pugilistica dementia, because of the abuse that he took (especially later on) in his boxing career. I don't think I ever recalled Ali ever having cerebral palsy, but I did see that charity and it was sad - the man can't even talk now.

• diesz

the user-friendly answer is there's no difference between somebody with cerebral palsy having little ones and somebody with out cerebral palsy having little ones. some couples have worry conceiving and a few do no longer. Cerebral palsy does not inherently influence fertility.

As everyone said Ali has Parkinsons

but they are wrong about one thing.

Parkinsons is a genetic disorder meaning it gets passed down through DNA. So while the shots to the head may have made it worse, it is not the cause.

No he has Parkinson's Disease, thought to have been brought on by too many hits to the head. He did not have it when he was younger.

Just because he was helping to raise money for a charity does not mean he actually has the condition.

• Rock

Ali has Parkinson's Syndrome

• D.A.

He contracted Parkinson's/

Parkinsons it is. Very good reason for Mayweather not to fight better fighters.