Possible nose piercing infection?

I've had my nose pierced for about 3 years now. It hasn't given me any problems since the first few months I had it done. I usually wear studs in the piercing, but a couple days ago, decided to experiment with a ring. I had a hard time getting the new jewelry in, and tried to force it (bad idea), then I tried stretching it (I think another bad idea), nothing was working so I decided to put my stud back in.

At that point my piercing already hurt from everything, and has been hurting ever since (about a day and a half), today when washing my face, I took the stud out and noticed a very small amount of white stuff (I'm guessing puss) come from the piercing. I squeezed it out (ew, I know) and put the stud back in.

There is not really a bump, if there is...its waaaay to small to tell lol.

It still hurts right now, but now I'm panicking (I panic easily) at the thought that it may be infected.

Is it? And what should I do about it being infected?

Thanks in advance :]

Best Answer

Sounds more irritated than infected...just do sea salt soaks twice a day to help it heal.

Don't take the jewelry out...try to avoid getting make up in the area.

And don't listen to anyone that might suggest to use neosporin, polysporin, bactine, rubbing alcohol, peroxide, or bactine.

You should first not but back the percing cause it seems that you have an infection..I had my nose pierced 2 times and got an infection the 2 times..I had allergies to metal.All I could do is apply some healing cream to it like polysporin.

You can get more informations here :

http://health.yahoo.com/skinconditions-overview/bo...

hope this helps :)

• Tammy

Get an anti bacterial cream or neo sporin. Wash it with soap and acne cream or scrub thoroughly. Keep a band aid over it and sleep. Next day it should be less

This has happened quite a few times to me actually. It should be fine. It might feel a bit swollen and sore for a few days. Try not to touch it or get make-up near it.

Source(s): Been there done that.

Samething happened to me,

the nose ring thing and all, except i closed my ring, and now can't get it off.

but make sure you keep cleaning it (with saline solution) and maybe the white will go away.

its also said that white isnt that bad, and greenish is an infection.

lavander oil helps ALL my infections! get it. i get my lavender oil from l'occitane. you can probably get other kinds at health stores or something. if i have an infection i just clean it first with earcare then i take a Qtip and soak it in earcare, then i put a drop of lavender oil on the soaked Qtip and apply it to the infected area. In the morning its gone

Oh no :(

It's probably infected.

You need to put disinfectant on your piercing at night before you go to bed and in the morning when you wake up.. (also make sure your stud is clean too with the disinfectant.)

Good luck. :]

• Flair

that may be your white blood cells