Possible nose piercing infection?

I've had my nose pierced for about 3 years now. It hasn't given me any problems since the first few months I had it done. I usually wear studs in the piercing, but a couple days ago, decided to experiment with a ring. I had a hard time getting the new jewelry in, and tried to force it (bad idea), then I... show more I've had my nose pierced for about 3 years now. It hasn't given me any problems since the first few months I had it done. I usually wear studs in the piercing, but a couple days ago, decided to experiment with a ring. I had a hard time getting the new jewelry in, and tried to force it (bad idea), then I tried stretching it (I think another bad idea), nothing was working so I decided to put my stud back in.

At that point my piercing already hurt from everything, and has been hurting ever since (about a day and a half), today when washing my face, I took the stud out and noticed a very small amount of white stuff (I'm guessing puss) come from the piercing. I squeezed it out (ew, I know) and put the stud back in.

There is not really a bump, if there is...its waaaay to small to tell lol.
It still hurts right now, but now I'm panicking (I panic easily) at the thought that it may be infected.
Is it? And what should I do about it being infected?

Thanks in advance :]