Can somebody explain this saying to me please?

What does it mean if somebody says, "I'm upside down in my car loan"?

Is that somethin naughty?

Thanks Y'all

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Ron
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

It can be naughty as you want it to be.Either that or someone has bought another car without paying off the first note .With depreciation of the first car and then a new one added to it one becomes upside down and is paying more than they would have had the finished the note before making the second purchase and trading in the first car.

• 10 years ago

If someone is upside down on their car loan it means that they owe more on their loan than their car is worth.. A good example of that happening is when people trade one car off, and they take less than the car is worth for that car, and trade that in on another vehicle, and they end up paying more for that second vehicle than it is worth.. like paying 20 thousand dollars on a car only worth 12 due to past decisions..

• 10 years ago

I wish! After Katrina wrecked my Mustang the insurance paid the "totaled" amount and I still owed two years of payments on that car! YAY! That's being upside down, owing more than it's worth! SUX!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Lol! I think it just means that their car loan is draining their pockets, costing an arm and a leg.

Lol! Is that something naughty?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Could be,or not.

1.The person is behind in their car

payments.

2.The car is under finance and it has

rolled upside down with them inside.

3.Car financed and definitely naughty.

Source(s): Was the Kama Sutra to hand ?
  • 3 years ago

the only project that I stated indoors the clip substitute into that Webber wasn't gazing what substitute into occurring a head of him. It substitute right into a pity that Vettel have been given caught out via skill of it in spite of the shown fact that. What i decide directly to comprehend is why did Toro Rosso allure the ten place drop for Vettel, he could be down the shrink back of the grid as nicely. probable the prancing horse kicked them into equipment on the project.

• It means they owe money from a car debt.

• Well, if you are a hot blonde, it means you could have it paid off for you.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

wtf

maybe they made it up, or it wasn't meant as an expression, just something that made sense in that conversation.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I don't know crap about loans. *looks up* he sounds like he knows what he's talking about. :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.