promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why was my Yahoo account deactivated? Look at this email Yahoo sent me.......?

This is an email I received after I emailed Yahoo about why my password wasn't working with my email address..............

"We appreciate your inquiry about your suspension from Yahoo! Answers

and/or the deactivation of your Yahoo! ID. We reviewed your case, and

decided that your account is not eligible for reinstatement.

Once an account is disabled for a violation of the Terms of Service, the

subscriber to the account will lose the ability to log in and access the

account and its contents (including email and content stored with any

other Yahoo! service). The account also will not be reactivated."

WTF. I did nothing to get my email address deactivated, I use it all the time, and it has nothing to do with Yahoo Answers.

Why the heck was my account deactivated?

I tried emailing them back asking what I did wrong, and they haven't answered me.

Update:

It says that accounts get deactivated for EXTREME REASONS, well I didn't do anything!

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

because they're cucking funts

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Yahoo Email Support@+1^800^782^3911

Attachment image
  • Mary C
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I have read the other posters' answers. They are not really taking this seriously. If my account were suspended, and I had not done anything inappropriate, I would really be pursuing this. They really owe you an explanation of what you did / if you did something to violate the Terms of Service. I would hound them to find this out! Is there a "Snail Mail" address available? If so, send them a letter.

Once, I got a "Yahoo Answers" posting yanked. It was a good answer and did not contain any profanity or anything that could be construed to be vulgar or insulting to the asker. I was really shocked at that.

Maybe you can get a whole new Yahoo Account using a different name and email address. I don't know. But if you feel that you have not done anything that is inappropriate, you deserve an answer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Perhaps someone else used your account. I got suspended from my other account but the weird thing was I could still (and can still) access the email on that account. They just suspended me from YA.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well now u know another reason why Google is outpacing Yahoo in almost every aspect. It actually wouldn't surprise me to see Yahoo fade away in the next few years.

• Sage
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yep, that sounds like Yahoo. Sucks when that happens, this is my 3rd account since summer, still surprised i have it this long!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You must have posted something really naughty. My first account that got suspended they took everything, email and all!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I don't want to yahoo account

• Buster
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Leave it to Yahoo to blow a lot of smoke up your crack without actually giving you a reason why they do things. An actual reason would have been nice.

• 1 decade ago

is that what happened cause i never even got this...they usually tell you when you've been suspended..and i had access and still do to my first account that was suspended on Y/A..

• Tigger
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

if you use Yahoo answers and violated community standards this is why your account was suspended.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.