Anonymous

being an exchange arab student to the USA?

for a muslim to be an exchange student to the USA, studying in an American school and living with an American family, would he face any problems? are there any racist people in america who hate muslims just for their religion or race?

Favorite Answer

To answer your question in the short term, yes there are people who are scared of Muslims. Lets face it, our country doesn't have the most favorable outlook on Muslims but there are many American Muslims trying to educate us. But we also realize that Al-Queda does not represent all muslims. So studying here should be no problem. And I don't think you will have too much trouble. Now, let me ask you this, how would things be for me in your country as a Christian, and American? Would I be treated poorly just because of my race or culture or religious preference? I would like to think that would be no.

You are a student, its probably a good thing to come and study here. Then you can see we are not the great Satan that we get branded and you will so how normal we really are.

• Kimmie

Sadly, there will be racism in the U.S. A lot of people are afraid of Muslims and there are others who just flat out don't like them. Those are the kind of people who are very narrow-minded, and don't know how to open their eyes. Thankfully, there are some people who will be fair to Muslims and Arabs. If you're just trying to receive an education in a different setting, then I'm sure those people will understand and help/ befriend you.

you WILL experience racism no matter where you are in america. some places will be a lot worse, depending on where you are.

most americans dont know the difference between a MUSLIM and a MUSLIM EXTREMIST. they will assume you agree with terrorism acts, that you hate this country & its people, and that you are a evil person.

just be ready for it. not everyone is ignorant, of course, but you will face a good amount of racism in this country. just focus on school, though.

Source(s): lebanese.
  • erling

All substitute classes are agreements from college to college. so which you extremely need to ask at your college. in the experience that your college have not got any exchage settlement with different colleges then there's no longer something you're able to do. watch for university; maximum universities do have substitute classes.

We'll be cool with you if you don't blow crap up.