If i live in Michigan can I take the GED test for Ohio?

I live just over the MI/Ohio border and was just wondering if this is possible. I have also heard that the Ohio GED test is easier then most states. Also, what are the requirements for testing in both states?

Favorite Answer

According to the Ohio Department of Education website you can:

Can a person from out of state or out of country take the GED test in Ohio?

Yes. Any person can take the GED test in Ohio if he or she has a valid driver license from any state or a passport. Before registering for the GED test, the student must apply and pay the $40 application fee.

Each non-Ohioan that passes the GED test will receive an Official GED Transcript. They will not receive a diploma. Students may use the Official GED Transcript as proof of passing the GED test, which is equal to having a high school diploma.

As far as l know that you can take the GED teat anywhere. You do not want to lose or miss place the test results because getting another copy is almost impossible to get.