What is the best pistol for home defense in .45 ACP?

I'd like a weapon that is under $800. It doesn't matter the kind of gun or model. Just something in 45 ACP. Something that shoots well and is reliable.
Update: Thank you Jerry H for your elaborate response. I'll take into account what you said. I should of however also stated I am an experienced shooter. I am soon joining the National guard as an 18x special forces Contract. I own a PX4 storm in 9mm. Also a Glock in 9mm. Just mostly looking for people's opinions... show more Thank you Jerry H for your elaborate response. I'll take into account what you said. I should of however also stated I am an experienced shooter. I am soon joining the National guard as an 18x special forces Contract. I own a PX4 storm in 9mm. Also a Glock in 9mm. Just mostly looking for people's opinions that are familiar with what shoots best in .45 ACP.
1 answer 1