Anonymous

Why is the South Korean person so racist?

I was in South Korea for a few months and I was just shocked at the level of racism. I'm from France by the way. The foreigners there are always looked down upon, especially Indians and blacks. The Koreans make racist remarks and are very rude towards them. Foreigners even have to pay more than the fixed price of products in the street. I thought Korea was a great country but after I saw the racism there, I have to say I'm totally disgusted.

I learned some Korean.

Favorite Answer

Because they're used to live in their "own club". Only people from wealthier countries aren't looked down (white skin of course) or if you're japanese. Haven't you heard about their nationalism? Their success makes them think they're the best race in the world. I've talked to a lot of korean and they always talk about something they're the no1 in the world!!! Now, I know more things they're no1 than my own country!!! Korea no1 shipbuilding, TV production, internet speed, etc etc

It's hypocrisy!!! You're white they look kind and want to help you, you're black, chinese or other poorer countries they look you down. A friend of me (chinese) told me once: First, a japanese bought some stuff from a shop and asked a discount the shopper (south korean) said yes very kindly and smiling. Then it was my chinese friend turn. He asked how much does this and that cost then asked like the japanese a discount and then the korean said: If you don't have money just go away! At last my chinese friend bought the most expensive object and the shopper said: Are you chinese-american or a oversea chinese? WTF! I hate Korea too.

A so funny thing is that their streets are full of plastic surgery clinics and yet they don't admit that most of their people are ugly.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I was in South Korea for a few months and I was just shocked at the level of racism. I'm from France by the way. The foreigners there are always looked down upon, especially Indians and blacks. The Koreans make racist remarks and are very rude towards them. Foreigners even have to pay more than...

Source(s): south korean person racist: https://shortly.im/AMIHY
  • Faye

Even though I am from Korea, I agree with you.However, not ALL Koreans are rude and racist, as there are very many friendly people, and I hope that I am one of them :)

First off, you need to understand that Korean culture is very different from French and American cultures. French and American cultures are generally more open-minded. Koreans are a very traditional people...and proud. They are very prideful in who they are, which is why some are arrogant or racist, but you will find that in any country, including France and America.

Koreans strongly believe in a social class. "Pure" Koreans are at the top, adopted Koreans are halfway, and mixed and Black people are at the bottom. It is pathetic to me, how they are even bigoted against adopted Koreans.

Anyway, you shouldn't let a few rude people ruin your experience in a foreign country. I ran into a lot of rude people in France because I was American and there were a lot of anti-Bush comments as well, but I chose not to let those people bug me. You should do the same. There are plenty of nice and well-mannered Koreans.

Source(s): Korean

Not every South Korean is racist.

I'm South Korean.

I admit many are shallow and disgraceful, but Korea is a homogeneous country, that may not be an excuse.

asd gha

dfa

I don't know what to say.

Just keep in mind that not everyone's like that. Don't group us all in the same category like that..

actually your not the first person to say that i know a cambodian guy who said the exact same thing after he came back from south korea after 6 months being a student there. there are racists everywhere in every country i'm sure not all south koreans are racist.

• James6 years agoReport

I am south korean and I am not racist. I like everyone. Seriously, we are all humans. I don't get people being racist to each other. :(

• Reeta

I'm 99.9% sure that South Korea isn't the only racist place in the world. Let's say a Korean and a black person went to somewhere like Australia--they'd experience racism there. That's just an example.

The minorities / foreigners in every country are always going to experience some form of racism.

just get that dirt off your shoulder - forget about all racists in general, ignore them

Extremely good question, hopefully we will get some good replies

Try going to Malaysia, they refer to you as a White Pig the little power points!

I concur. Just ignore them.