Why was I called "racist" because I like Jackie Kennedy over Michelle Obama?

I answered a question on here the other day that asked "Isn't Michelle Obama the most beautiful and stylish president's wife in history?"

I answered, no because I think Jackie Kennedy is more beautiful and stylish.

Then the asker added additional details saying that anybody who thinks Jackie Kennedy is better, is racist.

Huh? Why?

Update:

"But you probably are"...NO!

I simply think that Jackie...

http://home.comcast.net/~loveguns/JackieKennedy.bm...

Is more beautiful and stylish than Michelle...

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/feb2009/6/9/6991...

Update 2:

I don't think that Michelle isn't beautiful, I just think someone else is more beautiful than her.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Because white people have been brainwashed into thinking that to criticize blacks, or to differ from their point of view is "racist". The term has lost it's meaning and has become no more than a tool of the politically correct to control speech and thought.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Because people want to pull out the "race" card whenever they can. It is redick to me. If a black person said they liked Michelle over Jackie, then that would be okay... but if a white person picks a white person over a black then OMG its racists. I see this everyday. Its super annoying. No one cares about color these days, or at least a lot less people than you think.

• 1 decade ago

You are not racist but your question brought out the ignorance in some people. The nerves of some people calling Michelle Obama hideous. I'm black well half black and it bugs me when some blacks throw out the race card over a preference. They can say their dislikes but when a non black say how they dislike or don't agree with anything that has too do with blacks it makes them a racist.

• i answered that question aswell

"I know most of you all that are answering either just hate Obama or are racist."

^^ dont even worry about that comment.

you werent being racist. you were just stating your opinion saying you thought jackie was prettier

i agree with you about michelle though

americans make a big deal about her, i dont see what all the hype over michelle is about

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i agree with you.jackie o was simply stunning.she was classy,elegant,and her beauty was flawless.michelle obama,oh,please! i am sick of everyone talking about how wonderful they think she is.in my opinion,she isnt even pretty.i dont like her,i dont admire anything about her,and i dont care who calls me racist.its not her race i'm against.its her as a person.and its her husband.jackie o,on the other hand,i hold in high esteem.she was beautiful,and she had excellent fashion sense.her style and elegance were simply timeless.

and as a person,i found her to have a lot of character.she seemed like a nice and genuine person.and her beauty was even more stunning because of her character as a person.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because the asker is a moron.

Michelle Obama is hideous. Not saying Jackie Kennedy was a looker herself, but she was better looking and more stylish than Michelle Obama.

• 1 decade ago

I am black and I do not think that Michelle Obama is the stylish first lady. I think that because she is black they feel that you must choose her and her husband as the answer to all questions but they are not. You have your opinions and do not let anyone make you feel bad for that.

• 1 decade ago

Because some people like to throw the word racist around. People said that anybody who didn't vote for Obama is a racist. I say that whoever voted for him simply because he's black is a racist.

• There's a certain group of people who believe racism only goes one way. Sorry, but racism is racism- white against black, black against white, Asian against white, etc., etc. etc.

I agree with you, by the way. Mrs. Kennedy was attractive, stylish and classy.

• 1 decade ago

Whoever said that is a tad touchy. It isn't racist, but some people love to play the race card whenever possible.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.