Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Has anyone read the book my sisters keeper?

if you really loved the book can you help me to summarize it please?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Kate is diagnosed with leukemia when she is three. Her parents and her older brother, Jesse, are not matches for her, but she needs a bone marrow donor. Desperate, her parents turn to genetic engineering and genetically conceive Anna (real name, Andromeda). When Anna is thirteen, she turns to lawyer Campbell Alexander to sue her parents to the rights to her own body so she doesn't have to give a kidney to Kate. Eventually, after a long and involved story that you can look up on your own it's too complicated to describe, we find out Kate wants to die and asked Anna to do this for her. Anna wins the rights to her own body. Unfortunately, as Anna is being driven to the hospital to see Kate after she wins, she gets into a horrible car accident. She is put on life support, but is barely clinging to life, so her parents are going to pull the plug. They decide, because Anna is going to die, they should take her kidney for Kate. Miraculously, the kidney does wonders for Kate and she goes on to live a long and happy life.

There are bunch of other little stories going on at the same time, but this is the general story.

• 1 decade ago

Read it... loved it.

A girl has leukemia, and her sister is made through in-vitro fertilization to provide a genetic match to help her. The younger sister eventually refuses to give the other sister her kidney, so she hires a lawyer to defend her in suing her parents for the rights to her own body. Basically, it's very similar to the movie, except the end is different. In the book, the other sister dies... I don't want to spoil it for you, but one dies in the book and a different one dies in the movie. That's really the only difference.

Watch the movie, but the book is soo much better.

• 1 decade ago

one of my favorite books :) although the ending did disappoint me.

Anna is a 13 year old girl who was born in-vitro for the sole purpose of donating her organs to her sister, Kate, who is suffering from leukemia. When Anna finds out that she may need to give her sister a kidney, a dangerous operation that could change her life forever, she decides to sue her parents for the rights to her own body. As the story progresses, we explore the worst of family struggles, the ethical dilemma of having one child to support another, and what happens when a family has to face the decision of life or death - but for who?

• 1 decade ago

I love that book. The end is different then the move. In the move she dies. In the book she lives. I want to tell you more. But I think you might be mad at me then. If you would like to know more e-mail me! rprp07110@aim.com I would love to write your book report for you!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.