Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 10 years ago

Heartburn and indigestion remedies?

I hav really bad heartburn lately. Along with indigestion and it constantly feels like there is a big bubble of air trapped in my chest. I try to lay down and it's impossible to go to sleep when I'm that uncomfortable. This morning I puked because of it,and now I'm getting more air bubbles trapped in my chest.

It's torture....what are some remedies/medicines that are safe for me to use while pregnant?

Thanks

I eat Tums religiously,they have gotten to the point where they only help with heartburn,so the indigestion remains.

The only time it really goes away is when I sit up and beat on my back so I can burp,but when I lie down it seems to come back.

• Tiff
    Best Answer

Milk and tums is all that has helped me. I'm 34 weeks and over the past 5 weeks or so my heartburn has gotten so bad! It drives me crazy. They say not to lay down for a while after you eat. Give it a little time. And try to eat early before going to bed. Drink milk slowly.. And maybe talk to your doctor about anything else you could take. I used to be on Prevacid for acid reflux disease and that helped. Maybe they could try something like that! This is just another one of those annoying pregnancy symptoms that we have to deal with!

1

Source(s): I Cured My Heartburn - http://HeartburnNoMore.duebq.com/?QHM

Chronic heartburn is usually from acid reflux - stomach acid is getting past the little valve and into your esophagus. You also should know some natural ways to treat your heartburn. Learn them here https://bitly.im/aMDbR

The most immediate thing you can do is to stop drinking coffee and cola. Smoking is not good either, but that might be harder to stop. Don't over-eat. Don't lie down too soon after eating. Don't burp too much - this carries acid up with the burp.

heartburn the most common symptom of acid reflux disease (also known as gastroespohageal reflux disease, or GERD). Heartburn feels like a burning pain in the center of the chest. It is caused by acid from the stomach backing up into the esophagus. is a symptom of acid reflux disease (GERD) Also known as Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease

• Shawn

Tums will only work to reduce the acid, the problem with this is that the pancreas senses there is little acid in the stomach and it will send a message telling the stomach to make more acid, you take more tums, and the cycle continues. Zantac is an OTC medication that has been studied to be very safe in pregnancy. Zantac actually blocks the stomach receptors so it cannot hear the pancreas' message and works within 24 hours making you feel so much better

Source(s): Hands Off My Belly! The Pregnant Woman's Guide to Surviving Myths, Mothers, and Moods - Prometheus Books 2009 - Mom's Choice Award Gold Recipient 2009

I JUST asked my OB this... I am 25 weeks today and it was becoming debilitating... I couldn't turn over at night or lay flat, and throughout the day, I felt I was being stabbed from the inside with a hot poker... ugh... He prescribed Prilosec 200mg, 1x day and WHAT A MIRACLE!!! After just 1 dose I noticed a huge change and now, after a few more can proudly report my acid days are over, completely. Knock on wood!

Source(s): Tums, Rolaids, Mylanta etc- no help... and they made me vomit...

A nurse told my husbands friend that Diet Pepsi is really good for Indigestion He tried it and it works he drinks it whenever he has indigestion now

• I get heartburn really bad also the only thing that i have found that works is tums ultra strength 1000. I only have to pop one and it's gone within 5 minutes. It is safe to take while pregnant.

2

Source(s): Ultimate Heartburn Remedy http://AcidRefluxCure.netint.info/?g041

Here is How I Stopped Acid reflux Naturally Once and For All In the Comfort of My Own Home In Just 48 hours!

( http://bit.ly/Best-acid-reflux-cure )

milk helps me other than tums. i would mention it to your ob because they could give you a prescription if its is bad and you describe it.