Is a ford mustang year 2000 v6, a good choice for a first car?

Hi i recently moved to the United states from Denmark, and i need to get myself a car since i found out this country runs on gasoline. So I've been looking in to these ford mustangs from around 2000 and wanted to know if they are reliable?

Second question: If i were to buy one Buying styling upgrades such as body kits or hoods, can i decide what color they ship in or do i have to have them painted?

//sorry bad English\\

Favorite Answer

Im not at all a ford fan but from what I have seen and heard of the mid 90's to mid 00 mustangs they seem to be a decent car, probably not good on snow, ice, or rain being rear wheel drive. you will want to find one that has not been owned by a kid or driven real hard. typically on the curb catchers(body kits) and the fancy hoods you will need to paint them yourself or take them to a body shop to have them fitted and painted. don't just buy the kit and expect it to bolt or glue on in 5 min. I would suggest to look for a V-8 model. But I am also a American and feel we should buy more gas to help out the gas company and to stimulate the economy, HA HA HA HA!! I hope I have been of some help, and good luck with your decision

I hate to tell you this, but I'd keep the Cavalier and pass on the Mustang. Why not take that money you've got saved up and fix up the Cavalier? They are nice looking with a few upgrades (rims/tires, tinted windows, etc.) and much better on gas and more reliable than the Mustang. I've got the z-24 model Cavalier with a few upgrades and can easily smoke a V6 Mustang, if that gives you an idea. If you don't want to keep the Cav, then just keep saving until you can afford something nicer.

The 2000 V6 is a great car, of course it must be maintained regularly like any other car, but they do make wonderful daily drivers. Body kits are usually shipped in a primer gray or white, or the raw fiberglass/urethane, not painted.

Source(s): Heather - AmericanMuscle.com Customer Service Rep.