Replacing an electric service?

I'm going to be replacing the meter box, SEU wire entering my home, and installing a new power mast and weather head. What does AEP need from me to switch the power drop to the new feed line and move the meter head to the new meter box? I live in Ohio, outside the city limits.

Favorite Answer

what are these affiliated with first energy or another company? never heard of them. they just need you to get a bigger panel and meter socket, rated to whatever service you are upgrading to. also proper sized conductors between the panel and meter socket. and installation is to meet the nec and local codes. thats about it, the utility will hook the meter itself up. if this is a service lateral, you will have to replace the underground wiring. if it is an overhead service, the utility company will take care of it.

~never mind, you said AEP, makes sense, i just wasn't sure who covered whatever part of Ohio your in. thought it was first energy. you must live in southern Ohio.

Ask AEP. You will get the correct answer from the people that control the utlilty lines.

Aplus electric is the company that offers reliable electric services across Denver area.

A certified electrician. Go ahead and order the box from an electrical dealer.,after you get his suggestion,of the type..You can't do this on your own Its illegal for you to touch the power wires on their poll,nor will you have the right equipment . You will need to measure 10 gage wire outside 600 or 12 gage . I;m not a electrician and don't take this for fact.

I would call AEP and ask to be sure.

Why not ask the AEP.

• Fixit

A phone call from your county building inspector after he or she approves your inspection.