What are some good basketball movies?

I need to find some good basketball movies to watch...but i think ive seen them all.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Hoosiers (1986): Set in a tiny town in Indiana, Hoosiers tells the story of how a team of just a handful of players can beat the odds and strike down any Goliath it faces. Loosely based on a true story. The team's star in the movie, named Jimmy Chitwood, resembles the star of the team the story's based off of named Bobby Plump. Hoosiers is an inspiring story with true basketball strategy to make for believable game play and relatable characters.

2. Hoop Dreams (1994): It doesn't get more real than Hoop Dreams, which is a documentary based on two talented young basketball players and their aspirations to reach the NBA level. Hoop Dreams shows the hardships and challenges of these prospects. A must see for any true basketball fan.

3. White Men Can't Jump (1992): A comedy pairing Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson that includes well-written drama and entertaining basketball scenes. Snipes and Harrelson work very well together.

4. Coach Carter (2005): Based on a true story, this movie features some scenes that reminds viewers a lot of Hoosiers. When Coach Carter inherits a team that isn't panning out academically, he takes drastic measures to getting them back on track.

5. Finding Forrester (2000): Though probably not the truest of basketball films, Finding Forrester is a powerful drama about a basketball player with great intellect who befriends and learns from an old, secluded writer

Read more at Suite101: Top 10 Basketball Movies: Basketball Films Worth Watching http://basketball.suite101.com/article.cfm/top_10_...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

These are my top three basketball movies that I personally love:

1) Sunset Park (1996)

2)Above Rim (1994) which features the late 2pac R.I.P

3)Coach Carter (2005).

Maybe you've already seen these movies before but I hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

Hoosiers A basketball coach gets one last chance at redemption at a rural Indiana high school.

• 1 decade ago

Hoop Dreams = Amazing

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Coach Carter is Legit.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.