Samoan Roots asked in SportsWrestling · 10 years ago

Of the three legendary Pro Wrestling families (inside), which family had the most impact in Pro Wrestling?

Please analyze, compare and explain in detail for the main Wrestling Question and the follow up questions below. I'm aware I could use other legendary families, but I rather keep this question to a minimum. The three legendary families we're using are the following:

1. The Hart Family

2. The Guerrero Family

3. The Von Erich Family

I -- Which one wrestler from each family, put their family on the map?

II -- What is one significant moment in each family's career that consisted of at least one other family member? (i.e.: the moment has to be shared with at least one other family member for each moment).

III -- Which family had the better wrestlers and which family had the better matches?

IV -- Which family last name holds more prestige and significance in Professional Wrestling?

V -- Lastly, which will each legendary family be remembered for?

All brief and detailed answers are appreciated and helpful. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

This is tough. After El Santo and Mil Mascaras, Gory Guerrero is the most legendary, loved, and respected pro wrestler in Mexican history. All four of his sons went on to become big stars in the business. Fritz Von Erich was one of wrestling's biggest stars (and infamous heels) during his day. Fritz pretty much "owned" wrestling in Texas, and three of his sons were huge stars. Stu Hart is arguably the best and most well-known "trainer of stars", "owned" most of Canada's wrestling business, and two of his sons became major stars, with sons-in-law becoming stars as well.

Stu's training methods in the famous Dungeon are legendary, with a who's who of wrestlers graduating (some would say, surviving) the Dungeon. Fritz innovated a lot on the production side of things (multiple camera angles, taping shows for syndication, etc). Gory innovated a lot of holds still being used today, pretty much "invented" the blood feud in wrestling, and became a national celebrity with his tag team with El Santo.

But taking in the family as a whole, I'd have to say the Guerreros had the most impact. Gory, as I said, is an icon in Mexican wrestling, nearly on-par with El Santo and Mil Mascaras. Chavo, Mando, and Hector worked virtually everywhere in the world of pro wrestling, becoming big stars everywhere they worked, treating the fans to their unique style of wrestling, introducing the world to lucha libre, often in the traditional 6-man lucha tag matches. The Guerreros could out-wrestle, out-fly, out-quick, and out double- and triple-team their opponents. After wrestling cooled off in California in the early 70's, Roddy Piper and Chavo set it back on-fire with their legendary feud. Chavo was brought in mostly as a "poster boy" face for the large Latino population in Southern California, and Piper made his reputation as a heel in this feud. Eddie, of course, was given a prominent position on Vince's roster, to give the Latino fans a hero to cheer. And Eddie's unmatched charisma, athleticism, and wrestling skills made him one of Vince's biggest stars ever and beloved by millions of fans of all races. The Guerreros (not just Eddie) and Rey Mysterio Jr are most responsible for the lucha style being popularized outside of Mexico.

I - Bret for the Harts, for being a stellar worker who made it on skills alone and did more than anybody else in getting the Hart Dungeon known to the world. I'm tempted to say Chavo for the Guerreros, for the Southern California feud that made Piper famous. I'm also tempted to say "Los Hermanos Guerrero" (tag team of Chavo, Mando, and Hector) for dazzling so many fans all over the world and introducing them to lucha. But in both cases, the impact was limited to comparatively small areas. So I'll say Eddie for being the first Latino national superstar since Pedro Morales (Tito Santana wasn't at Pedro's or Eddie's level of stardom), and for helping to re-introduce lucha to the U.S. fans. Fritz for the Von Erichs, that goose-steeping heel with the Nazi gimmick who's Iron Claw was so devastating that he could "crush" skulls and make his opponents bleed with that hold. In his day, Fritz was one of the most hated heels in the business.

II - Bret and Davey Boy Smith (brother-in-law). Their Summerslam IC match in 1992 at Wembley Stadium in London in front of some 80,000 fans. Considered one of the best matches in WWF/E history, Davey Boy beat Bret for the IC Title. Eddie and Chavo Jr feuding in WCW in the late 90's. This was a rarely-used concept in pro wrestling at the time (family members feuding with each other), unlike today where we know family members will feud, it's just a matter of when. Kerry Von Erich defeating Ric Flair for the NWA World Title in 1984 in front of some 45,000 grieving fans in Texas. Grieving for the recently died David Von Erich, for whom Kerry was substituting. All of the Von Erichs were there. The most emotional match I've ever seen.

III - The Guerreros had the better wrestlers, no question. Every single Guerrero from Gory to Chavo Jr could out-wrestle, out-fly, and out-quick their opponents. You can't say that about the Harts and the Von Erichs. The better matches? The Guerreros, again. I'm admittedly biased toward the fast-paced high-flying lucha style, and the Guerreros did it as well as anybody ever has. Some of my all-time favorite matches were "Los Hermanos Guerrero" (Chavo, Mando, and Hector) in 6-man tag matches getting going full-speed and getting their opponents caught up in what I call the "Guerrero Whirlwind", all three Guerreros flying all over the place, hitting move after move, hold after hold, and just running their opponents in circles. Awesome to see! For pure high-quality wrestling, give me a Guerrero every time.

IV - I would say the Hart name, mostly due to the Dungeon and the sheer numbers of stars the Harts (not just Stu) trained. Saying you graduated from the Dungeon carries a lot of prestige and weight with the fans.

V - The Harts: the Dungeon, the Montreal Screwjob, and Owen falling to his death in the ring. The Guerreros: Eddie, being one of the most charismatic and popular performers of all-time, Chavo Jr (sadly and unfairly) being considered an Eddie-wannabe; most people never heard of Gory, and few remember Eddie's brothers. Shame. The Von Erichs: the "Von Erich curse" because so many WCCW wrestlers met untimely (and some, downright strange) deaths, and the fact that only Kevin (of the Von Erichs) survived WCCW, and for the legendary Von Erich - Freebird feud that really put WCCW on the map.

The Hart Family

I- Stu Hart because he trained most of the wrestlers from the past and today and also he helped to mold his sons into hall of famers

II- The two significant moment for the hart family is the passings of both Owen and Stu Hart. Owen's death was too soon and Stu had given alot to the family

III- The Hart Family. Most notablly the Montreal Screwjob.

IV- The Hart Family. Ask someone who is the most notble family in wrestling and they will tell you the Hart Family

V- The Hart family will be remembered for all of the things that they all have done for the business including the famous dungeon

The Guerreros

I - Eddie Guerrero, Bret Hart, Not familiar with the Von Erichs

II - Eddie & Chavo winning the WWE Tag Team Championships at Survivor Series 2002

Bret vs. Owen at Wrestlemania

III - The Guerreros. Eddie, Chavo Jr, Chavo Sr., Mando, Hector, Gory.

IV - The Harts. The all-time greats Bret, Bulldog, Owen and more

V - Guerreros - Larger than life personalities and gimmicks.

Harts - All being masters at technical wrestling. Stu trained many current stars including the man to my left Y2J Chris Jericho

The Hart family had the most impact, they created some of the best wrestlers

I: Stu Hart

II: Bret Hart and the monteral Screwjob

III: Bret Hart in his prime was amazing

IV: Stu Hart/Bret Hart

V: Harts: The Dungne, Montreal Screwjob, Owen's Tragic death, Von Erich's: All there tragic deaths, all the members were amazing in the ring, Guerreros: Eddie Guerrero

• ?

I remember him fondly as a manager,but I didn't realize he was a wrestler too.I'll have to check it out and see if I can find some of his matches.The one thing I really remember him for though doesn't have to do with wrestling at all.When I was younger,I remember watching him as"Mario"on the "Super Mario Bros.Show"in the afternoons when I got home from school,lol!The show wasn't on too long,but it was actually a pretty good show,lol.R.I.P. Captain Lou,we will miss you!

the harts cuz stu hart trained many wrestlers and many young wrestlers look up to bret hart and also bret was a hero in canada

Harts

Hart:Bret Hart

Guerrero:Eddie Guerrero(R.I.P)

Von Erich:IDK Much about them sorry

IDK

Harts,Harts

Guerreeo's

Bring some many people to wrestling

Eddie's young death

IDK again sorry

• ?

The Harts because they are like canadian heroes and people look up to them