princess diana death or john lennon death ?

who's death between john lennon and princess diana was the saddest (not the most shocking) but the saddest.

john lennon - shot and killed on 8 december 1980

diana - car crash on 31 august 1997

Favorite Answer

I don't know much about princess Diana, so I'm going with John Lennon. True, he did not exemplify a moral lifestyle, but his death was tragic nonetheless. Two elements of his death that I find saddest are his relationship with Paul McCartney and his relationship with his son.

I'm going to just quote Paul McCartney, because he pretty much explained the whole thing in a 1984 interview.

"I do feel it was sad that we never actually sat down and straightened our differences out. But fortunately for me, the last phone conversation I ever had with him was really great, and we didn't have any kind of blowup. It could have easily been one of the other phone calls, when we blew up at each other and slammed the phone down."

In 1982, Paul wrote a song called Here Today about John Lennon, and I think it's really a cool song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjwnWU6OsaI

He sang this song at a concert this summer, and I think the song is even more meaningful now that he's older and can look back at the whole situation with a little more maturity and clarity.

On November 13th, 1980, John Lennon released Double Fantasy, his first album in 5 years. One of the songs on the album, Beautiful Boy was written for his 5 year old son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uldu_1-JCJE

One of the lines was "I can hardly wait to see you come of age, but I guess we'll both just have to be patient."

He was shot to death 25 days later.

For both John Lennon and Princess Diana, I think the sad part is that their deaths were so unprecedented and unexpected. Princess Diana was 36 when she died; her death was a tragic accident. Lennon was 40, he had a wife and two children, and he died not because of a random accident, but because someone else CHOSE to end his life.

• CC

Both are sad and tragic, but I'll say Princess Diana's because I'm not old enough to remember John Lennon's death.

Idon't know much about John Lennon someone below said he wasn't a good person but there's no proof he;'s backing that up. I prefer to judge myself. I only know about Princess Diana, and it was very sad her demise and her life pretty much and her marriage. She was a kind loving person and wanted to help where she could but never found true love. When she thought she did. Her life ended.

diana, lennon was a freak and really not a good person

Both were sad and shocking