Have you experienced more racism on Y!A or in real life?

I have only experienced racism once in real life, but I have experienced only so many times on here.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

On here. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've experienced racism in the real world, I've lost track how many times it's happened here.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I've never experienced racism towards myself. But I have seen much too much both here and in real life. But I would have to say it's become quite blatant in real life.

• 10 years ago

Well people usually say things they wouldn't say in real life on the internet because they feel safer doing it that way. There will always be more ignorance and racism online. I think people are racist on yahoo answers just to get a rise out of everyone.

• soo
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

whilst i became youthful I have been given sent to a infants facility for a whilst and became referred to as cracker with the help of one person some situations. Did I take offence? No. i wouldn't in any respect been known because it till now, yet am knowledgeable on its beginnings. that is not, in any way, an insulting term. i'm clearly vast (i've got constantly had greater muscle tissues than maximum without doing something) and function constantly been puzzled with being a soccer participant, so people in no way rather bodily assaulted me. not an extremely dramatic adventure, rather. maximum "ghettoish" blacks are rather only distinctive communicate and threats. To undesirable I lost that urge to combat whilst i became youthful (I used to like it), in the different case i could have finished some thing. rather, I do exactly not care, i don't get angered rather.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

experience racism more in real life

i can't experience racism on this particular site, because they are just spatting words. In order for me to be effected by it, they have to do something by showing me through their actions, like for example, if all blacks were band off of this site, or all blacks on the site received some virus etc.

In real life i know i experience racism due to the hostility and the way i'm treated in public. Through people's actions.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I've experience racism in real life. Meaning, I've been accosted, and had to leave a particular area. Internet racism is nothing more, then racial slurs and name calling.

• 10 years ago

on yahoo answers. there are racist everywhere ive only encountered 2 that i can remember in real life. on here its like a drug i think that's all they think about. they must not have cable or something because i think they use it as an amusement. and i honestly think its the same 3 people but with multiple accounts i honestly hope they are teenagers because if they are grown they need a job

• 10 years ago

I experienced racism only once also. But then I come to this section just to see what it's like, and I get racist messages in my inbox like everyday.

One of them said "Go back to africa"

I was like o.O Do I know you??

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I've seen WAY more here on Yahoo cuz the internet makes the world smaller and you're more likely to find people being cowards behind their screens.

I've haven't had as much in real life, but it's harder to deal with because you can't just mark their every word as spam and block them out of your lives. lol

• 10 years ago

i've never experienced racism in real life, but have on here.

even up to 10 minutes ago literally

racism on here is outrageous!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.