Eddie asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

What conference looked more impressive as a whole this season, the AFC or the NFC?

I just want to hear your thoughts and opinions. My personal opinion is the NFC, although the AFC does have two teams with more than 12 wins. But which conference do you all think looked more impressive, and which one do you think will bring home the superbowl title?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The NFC by far is the better and most impressive conference! The reason the wild card is so close in the AFC because the teams aren't that good so you're going to have more teams in line for a Wild Card because of all the 9-7 finishes! In the NFC it isn't so, because when your worst playoff record is 11-5 then your not going to have as many teams in the hunt for a playoff spot! Outside The Colts and Bolts there is no AFC team that is that good! The NFC however is a different story...You have a bunch of good QB's and I say any team in the NFC can make it to the superbowl!

• Nate D
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The NFC was top-heavy and had to endure the likes of Detroit, St. Louis, TB and Washington. This tainted their overall performance but doesn't change one important thing: NFC Superbowl contenders are a great deal stronger than in the AFC, which somehow again managed to redefine mediocrity. Even when Indy was undefeated, you knew Bob Sanders was not going to take the field again, which means X 'em out of the Superbowl. Perennial powers Pittsburgh and Baltimore looked lost, battered, bruised and beaten. The Pats lost several steps. Worst of all they almost allowed Tennessee into the playoffs, with Vince Young almost saving the day!

GB, Dallas, New Orleans and Minnesota had their slumps. Big difference is the two underdogs are red hot while NO and Minny took their foot of the gas after dominating most of the season. 2 great teams, 2 scorching teams, one Arizona team asking "What about us?" yet again.

4 powerful squads still going for the NFC while the AFC resides in San Diego. NFC, no question.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There were, what, 6-7 teams in the AFC contending for a Wild Card this year? The NFC was a joke, straight up.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

AFC.. just because of the intense wild card race alone gets my vote for most impressive one or two games difference and we could be looking at a whole new line up. As far as super bowl goes to NFC there are TOO MANY lethal teams this year.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Over all the NFC is the power house.Too many in the conv. can take it to the big house.

• 1 decade ago

AFC for sure.

• 1 decade ago

Both were boring

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.