Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 1 decade ago

Do you think Olivia Benson seriously has what it takes to be a cop and doing field detective duties?

She's a great detective. Other than that, from being in the field standpoint, I don't really think so.

Episodes like Futility, Fault, Authority, and Spooked prove to me that she is physically and emotionally weak to even be allowed to wear a badge. She looks more of a victim to me than a true cop. I wonder how she was able to become a cop in the first place. Unless they write her to seek help from Dr. Huang, and get more training as it would help quite a bit, she won't have much of any chance for the rest of the show of SVU. I'll bet there are a few girls who are beginning to not believe Mariska's character anymore because she's supposed to be the protector and fight for the victims.

They'd like a role model.

Favorite Answer

Nick - (MY OPINION) I have a tendency to agree with you...although she makes a great detective, I also think that in the past few years that she has become less effective in the field. I think ever since she was "raped" and needed to testify in court for that it has crippled her ability to work in the field with a "clear" mind...she has become weak and a little judgmental instead of weighing all of the options...

Source(s): AlexsMom