Is Katherine Heigl leaving "Grey's Anatomy"?

I mean her film career has been succesful ever since the hit, "Knocked Up". Since then she has been doing movie after movie. I am a big fan of the show, I liked her storyline last season and I thought that her character Izzie was going to be killed off. I was glad that she survived, but I thought it was... show more I mean her film career has been succesful ever since the hit, "Knocked Up". Since then she has been doing movie after movie. I am a big fan of the show, I liked her storyline last season and I thought that her character Izzie was going to be killed off. I was glad that she survived, but I thought it was weird that she didn't make an appearance until an abrupt moment during the middle of the recent season....that too she didn't have much involvment?

She has been appearing on and off for the last few episodes. They have been mostly focusing on all the other storylines featuring Jessica Capshaw's character. Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey have also taken time off, but that was because of their families. Again, I read that Katherine will make yet another brief appearance in an episode in January 21st and according to TV GUIDe...she is done for the season.

So is she really done with the show? I mean there was a lot of speculation about that. If she wanted to leave the show...the producers should have had it end last season, with the character sucumbing to the illness. Heigl even said she was surprised that they decided to keep her character alive. I like her character a lot...so is she really done with the show? She is doing well with films and she also has a child at home with her husband. Tv shows have hectic schedules to abide by, I guess she will have to pick one. She wouldn't have even gotten any movie roles had it not been for Grey's.