Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 1 decade ago

Is Katherine Heigl leaving "Grey's Anatomy"?

I mean her film career has been succesful ever since the hit, "Knocked Up". Since then she has been doing movie after movie. I am a big fan of the show, I liked her storyline last season and I thought that her character Izzie was going to be killed off. I was glad that she survived, but I thought it was weird that she didn't make an appearance until an abrupt moment during the middle of the recent season....that too she didn't have much involvment?

She has been appearing on and off for the last few episodes. They have been mostly focusing on all the other storylines featuring Jessica Capshaw's character. Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey have also taken time off, but that was because of their families. Again, I read that Katherine will make yet another brief appearance in an episode in January 21st and according to TV GUIDe...she is done for the season.

So is she really done with the show? I mean there was a lot of speculation about that. If she wanted to leave the show...the producers should have had it end last season, with the character sucumbing to the illness. Heigl even said she was surprised that they decided to keep her character alive. I like her character a lot...so is she really done with the show? She is doing well with films and she also has a child at home with her husband. Tv shows have hectic schedules to abide by, I guess she will have to pick one. She wouldn't have even gotten any movie roles had it not been for Grey's.

• LOL
    Favorite Answer

Katherine Heigl is not leaving the show anytime soon. However, she is off for a few episodes here and there because she is filming a new movie and she needs to take care of her new adopted baby.

She said no that she wasn't leaving the show. Katherine said that she thought the character would die...but was happy that she didn't and agreed to stay on the show. She has not been appearing consistently because she is on maternity leave. She has recently been married and adopted a child, basically she wants to spend time with her family. Usually, some actors/actresses stop cold turkey when they go on leave. Heigl will be appearing every now and then. In January 21st episode, she will be back but she will probably dissapear for awhile and return before the season ends.

Katherine Heigl won't be leaving the show. She needed to take a few episodes off but I believe she's back for the half-season premiere. She wanted to focus on promoting a few movies, as well as the fact that she's on maternity leave since she and her husband adopted a baby.

She's not leaving the show, but because of spats between her and the writer/producer her time on screen was cut. It goes back to some rude comment and with drawl of an award nomination for her role in the show. She stated she didn't feel she had enough screen time and asked to have her nomination removed for some grammy or something like that. I don't keep up with celeb gossip but I did a lot of research when it was debatable if she was going to return or "die off" for the current season. She pretty much begged and kissed major butt to remain on the show this season, but as you can see, the writer/producer still seems to be a bit pissy with her and her screen time. Goes to show never diss your boss if you need your job.

Source(s): <--- wishes George didn't die, Callie found a new lover and Owen would go int oa psycho ward where he belongs!

There is a rumor. And James Pickens said that they would leave but that was not entirely true. They are leaving, but not anytime soon. Probably around season 6. :)

rumors are running around that she and TR Knight (i think thats his name) were leaving

Source(s): Heat