Hi I born in Ecuador and I have a US passport...Do I need a visa to travel to Ecuador?

I am US citizen. Do I need a visa to travel to Ecuador?

Best Answer

The answer is NO if you are staying for 90 days or less. Here you go - direct from US State Department website.

ENTRY / EXIT REQUIREMENTS: A U.S. passport with remaining validity of at least six months is required to enter Ecuador. A valid U.S. passport is required to depart Ecuador. Tourists must also provide evidence of return or onward travel. U.S. citizens traveling on regular passports for tourism or business do not need a visa for a stay of 90 days or less. Those planning a longer visit must obtain a visa in advance of arrival. Travelers who stay in Ecuador beyond the allowed entry time are charged a substantial fine and are barred from re-entering Ecuador for six months from the date of departure. A valid U.S. passport is required to depart Ecuador. Payment of an airport exit tax is also required when departing Ecuador.